• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A replica is first of all a real watc!

Dez

Horology Curious
27/3/19
I am new to replica watches, but I have been impressed by some of the watches I have seen lately on YouTube. I am confused by some of the replicas our there that have put a lot of effort and expense into coming up with something that looks exactly like the real thing but does not work properly. Some quite expensive Daytona replicas, for example don’t have fully working chrono functions.
I looked at a bunch of watches and ended up spending more than I should have on a Noob Daytona with a replica 4130 movement, and it turned out great. There is zero difference in the external appearance or function vs the watch you can’t actually buy even if you save up the $10K or so it’s supposed to sell for. The movement looks very much like the genuine 4130, but at a lower level of finish, and without Rolex’s microstella adjustments.
I rated the watch on my timing machine very carefully, and after two weeks the watch is only 3 seconds slow! I can definitely recommend this watch.

Reactions: thumbsarehandy