• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member, about to purchase 1st rep

Kinty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/19
UK
Hi all, I have been reading various articles on this forum for a while now, a few years on and off. Anyway, I was given my first rep a few weeks back, a Rolex Day-Date with fluted bezel. I must say I am really happy about the quality of it, there are a few small giveaways that it is a replica but mostly is a great watch! This has made me want to take the plunge and buy one on my own. As most people I am worried about where to buy, and when searching this forum I have been unable to find any information for the website rlxwatches. It seems to have all the things people on here say a good website should have, but as I say I can't see any endorsements for it. I am looking at the yachtmaster grey dial, it is on there for around £115. Would anyone be able to offer any advice as to whether this is a trustworthy source? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Don't buy outside the tds,....then at least you have some kinda warranty...... any rep below 300 is considered lowend but if you like it, it's no problem

Sylar17

1/2/19
Shropshire UK
Go td on here buddy. Like theast post said, spend a bit more and you can get a watch that will blow ur mind. It's crazy how the quality goes up on these watches.

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
Thank you very much for your help everyone. I will have to save up a little longer and go for the better quality!

nyriyadh

Known Member
9/4/12
Be careful as many non TD use photos from gen watchs to fool people

Thats way we only buy from TD

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
Thanks for the info. I was reading the sites and it says the watches aren't sent in a box, but a basic plastic travel box is extra. I'm assuming it's worth the extra $20 or so for the extra protection, or do the watches come well enough packaged to not need it? I'd like to get a Rolex box but I don't think I need to pay an extra $100 for something that will just be stored away.

Also, does anybody have any idea how often these watches are held by customs? I don't mind waiting a few weeks with the via UK posting option, but if it's held and it takes the same time again!! How often are the watches likely to be held back?

I've got a feeling this is going to escalate quickly, I've gone from being sensible and in my mind waiting til I have the funds to buy, to now thinking of everything I can do to raise the funds so that I can buy this month!! My wife will not be happy!