• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Low Amplitude on a QC Noob Daytona 116520 V2

dacrazydude

Horology Curious
31/7/19
Sorry if it this is a noob question but I'm a bit curious on the amplitude here. The 2 s/d timeloss seems fine along with the .5ms beat error but the amplitude seems really low. Is this normal for this watch and should I be concerned?

Any other concerns I should have on the watch?

image uploader

Thanks all

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
It is a bit low. I bet a cleaning would rectify that issue. The .5 be can be resolved like that too. I would ask for another watch and let the TD know. It will.cause further delays but if you want an optimal running watch.then ask for another.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I would ask the dealer to be sure it's fully wound and retest. 249 amplitude is fine, beat error of 0.5 is not bad and -2 seconds per day is fine. Not ideal, but acceptable and not anything I'd reject over. It can be serviced if you are still concerned.

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
nice watch. is this their on in store stock or factory? beat error still within tolerance. Some low to mid range gen watches also have higher beat error. i would take it. Ya maybe they did not wind fully. but hey i a am a newbie.

dacrazydude

Horology Curious
31/7/19
Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm going to check if it was fully wound and ask to re-test it to check. I also noticed the 3 hour marker appears to be crooked/misshapen but I can't tell if it's the light so I may ask for clarity/photos. Any thoughts if that's a RL?

dacrazydude

Horology Curious
31/7/19
I have a general question, would the amplitude be lower if the chronograph function was running?