• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RG Yachtmaster from Narikaa modifications! (Datewheel swap, bezel insert swap, dial relume)

Godcia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/19
Hey everyone,

First and foremost I would like to thank this forum and all the members for showing me this hobby I'm really getting into it but I want to take it slow!

This week the Everose Yachtmaster I ordered from Narikaa finally arrived and lets just say its... rough.

I'm okay with this, I bought it more as a project to disassemble , assemble and just overall slowly start getting into modding.

But first I have a couple of questions and if this isn't the right Subforum please point me to the right one, I feel like I'm not experienced enough to be posting around in the modding sections :)

First question:

The datewheel that comes from Reg is not good, not only it doesn't really match the one on the gen YM but there are some uneven fonts (i.e: Day 20 has a very bold "2" and a thin "0")

I would like to swap it , from the info I can find the datewheel swap one the DG2813 movement is pretty simple but I would like to know the best place to source the better datewheel.

I've been looking out for this one on RafflesDials http://rafflesdials.com/one-pc-white...-master-watch/

Is it the correct one for the Everose YM ? Is the swap as straighfoward as I think? Is this website reputable? (I guess that was three questions haha)

Second question:

The black bezel insert looks off by a mile , I never held a gen in hand but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't look like that.

It looks dirty (?) and scratched up , I ran a Q-Tip with alcohol through it but it didn't help. This is a bit difficult to capture in a picture

How difficult is a swap and where can I source said insert?

There's also one on RafflesDials but from the pictures it looks to have the same dirty problem http://rafflesdials.com/thicker-black-ceramic-bezel-insert-for-new-style-of-mens-rolex-gmt-master-watch-
case/

Third question:

The lume on the dial is really weak! Like unreadable in the dark.

How should I go about fixing this?

Should I just get a whole new dial , should I try to relume it or should I just send it to a watchsmith or possibly a member of the forum to have it relumed/watch serviced.

If the latter is the best option what member here provides this service? I'm based in EU .

I'll attach pictures of my watch below , please tell me what more is obviously wrong with it besides the things I spoke about here!

Thank you all and sorry for the wall of text
Vn677G.md.jpg
Vn6Ypy.md.jpg
Vn6qRq.md.jpg

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Godcia

That is really a rough looking watch. How much did you pay for it? Hopefully under 100$. You obviously have missed the important threads on where to buy you watches and you would have been directed to the forum Trusted Dealers, then you would have a decent watch. If it were mine I would trash it and start again. Good luck with any future purchases.

Welcome to RWI. Click on the link for some good reading.

​​​​​​https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-are-the-best

Godcia

22/1/19
Godcia

That is really a rough looking watch. How much did you pay for it? Hopefully under 100$. You obviously have missed the important threads on where to buy you watches and you would have been directed to the forum Trusted Dealers, then you would have a decent watch. If it were mine I would trash it and start again. Good luck with any future purchases.

Welcome to RWI. Click on the link for some good reading.

​​​​​​https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-are-the-best

I paid about 125 with shipping , well I did get it from a TD !
Thanks for the help

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
You can get a DWO(Date Wheel Overlay) from Raffletime. Just adhere it to the date wheel, and do your best to keep it center. I can't promise they'll work with your current dial though.

Try ebay to source a better bezel insert. Some decent stuff can be found if you're vigilant.

The rehaut is off by a mile, unless that's the dial spacing. I'd advise from spending too much on this project, considering the prices of the higher quality reps. With that said, I think spending some money and tinkering on that watch is a good learning curve. Just don't open up the 2813 if it's your first movement, they're a PIA.

Godcia

22/1/19
You can get a DWO(Date Wheel Overlay) from Raffletime. Just adhere it to the date wheel, and do your best to keep it center. I can't promise they'll work with your current dial though.

Try ebay to source a better bezel insert. Some decent stuff can be found if you're vigilant.

The rehaut is off by a mile, unless that's the dial spacing. I'd advise from spending too much on this project, considering the prices of the higher quality reps. With that said, I think spending some money and tinkering on that watch is a good learning curve. Just don't open up the 2813 if it's your first movement, they're a PIA.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll look around ebay and think about wether I want to keep going with this watch or maybe try to sell it and put it twards a higher qaulity rep

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
The overlay will probably not fit this 21j mvt.....