• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch second hand sticks

Waltersobchak

Horology Curious
27/11/18
NC, USA
Hey guys,

Just got my first 2 reps from a TD (Intime) and one does something strange. At 57 seconds, the watch freezes up unless I reset it or shake it hard. I looked and the hand does not appear to be rubbing.

Anyone encounter something similar?

I made them send me a video of the first one but never did get the video of the 2nd and they likely didn't check it. That is bad on me. Always demand video!

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Contact the TD where you bought it....simple

Daywatch

Mythical Poster
29/9/13
EU
Hi, the hand might get loose on transport. From the symptoms (if the place it stops is always the same) it may touch the glass or it may touch the dial. Time to venture into reading some tutorials on stem removal etc. or sending it to a watchmaker (or back to China but that may be complicated and takes tons of time, 2 months plus probably). Easy fix but nasty problem.

Waltersobchak

Horology Curious
27/11/18
NC, USA
I'm not inclined to send it back to China based on the wait times and customs etc. I'd rather repair it here. I have read hundreds of posts so far but am currently wondering what my technical capacity and shaky hands can manage on their own

oldsteelframe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
I'm not inclined to send it back to China based on the wait times and customs etc. I'd rather repair it here. I have read hundreds of posts so far but am currently wondering what my technical capacity and shaky hands can manage on their own
I suggest trying with a super cheap watch (e.g off dhgate etc) as practice.
I was lucky enough to have one of my first watches - cheapo from there! - need some fixing and learnt the hard way how not to do things.
Now, 2 unfixable watches later, but only $50 down , I know how to fix a few things and more importantly- what not to attempt to fix, hehe

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hey guys,

Just got my first 2 reps from a TD (Intime) and one does something strange. At 57 seconds, the watch freezes up unless I reset it or shake it hard. I looked and the hand does not appear to be rubbing.

Anyone encounter something similar?

I made them send me a video of the first one but never did get the video of the 2nd and they likely didn't check it. That is bad on me. Always demand video!

Where are you located? Send it to a watchsmith located in your country. Should be a inexpensive fix....odds are it's touching the crystal as mentioned. You can try loosening the movement tabs and repostioning it, that might offer enough clearance to solve the issue.