• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6853. Worried about call out?

ibis

Looking Around
11/7/18
Do you give a shit about being called out wearing a watch that, if it was real, could be worth 5 to 6 figure sums?
Or do you fess up , just laugh and say it's the only way you can enjoy the experience?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You're taking a huge risk wearing such a watch - don't forget everybody you meet on the bus, in the street, at McDonalds etc will automatically know the true value of the gen, and will therefore know that you are wearing a fake. . .

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
You can also recognise - study the elements of the watch that make you happy and search for them in lower cost watches.
5-6 digit priced watches are not everyday beaters even for people that can afford them. They are art pieces that can be used like investment.

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
If you are travelling on a bus or work as a parcel packer for Amazon and wear a 5 or 6 figure watch then you WILL be called out BUT if you drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini and live in a mansion then you WON'T (probably?) be called out. It's simple the watch has to match your economic circumstances.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Yeah, depends on your lifestyle and how much you get per month, if you work at McDonalds you must not get anything, get a seiko.
But if you go to a top university / work in a particular office, then you will be able to wear a good 6-18k watch, depends entirely on you

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
I was called out recently with my explorer 2. It was from my wifes junior work colleague. He had a cracking eye for detail and said the cyclops was the tell.

It caught be by surprise, but I just laughed it off, and said the genuine one was in the safe at home. On reflection, it must have had an impact subconsciously as I have defiantly worn that watch less since.

Super reps only from here on in....

...except the cheapy DHgate specials :)

ZD82

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I got called out once in public by a dickhead client ages ago. I was embarrassed, but it didn't stop me buying rep. I continue buy and collect reps. I was a junior staff at work wearing a gold plated DJ and driving a 7 year old Honda. Now, I just don't wear a gold plated rep or a $100k clone watch anymore to where uber wealthy assholes hang out. Yes, I have asshole friends and acquaintances. If I got called out now, I'd say "why do you care?". Besides, people who call you out are usually your close friends or relatives; so it's okay. No stranger at Starbucks would approach you and say "that's fake".

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18
Best advice: just enjoy the watch on its own mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
I got called out once in public by a dickhead client ages ago. I was embarrassed, but it didn't stop me buying rep. I continue buy and collect reps. I was a junior staff at work wearing a gold plated DJ and driving a 7 year old Honda. Now, I just don't wear a gold plated rep or a $100k clone watch anymore to where uber wealthy assholes hang out. Yes, I have asshole friends and acquaintances. If I got called out now, I'd say "why do you care?". Besides, people who call you out are usually your close friends or relatives; so it's okay. No stranger at Starbucks would approach you and say "that's fake".

I reckon they would have to be super brave to call someone like you out with the knowledge you have on watches and besides I bet the lifestyle you have now is more congruent with the watch you wear?

Reactions: efajri

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
"NPR" (Nut Punch Response) - I've only been called out once. I dropped to one knee and delivered such a quick, direct nut punch to the guy that his left testicle exploded. Nobody calls me out anymore.

Reactions: JOP and tripdog

bobandshawn

Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Learn to build your own. All gen parts one piece at a time - you can wear almost anything...
or, relegate yourself to the shadows...

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
My friends are too stupid to realize I am wearing a watch that is $17,000. I have never been asked about the authenticity of any if my watches, ever. If asked, I will likely show them and ask them if it is real or not. Being retired gives me options, lol. To be a dick or not? Hmmmm

simondgroot

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/6/18
I do not care about being called out, if someone asks I would explain it is a replica. But I do not think you will be call'd out fast, the only time I needed to tell someone it was a replica was when I was comparing my Sea-Dweller with someones gen haha.