• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob looking at a few different options and saying Hi

Dense-Zebra

Looking Around
9/9/21
Hi . New here. came over from reddit where i posted about getting a watch for my sons birthday and got a load of help and pointed at a few threads here. So here I am doing some research.

I am weighing up a few options Originally wanted a Navitimer chrono. I Havent ruled this out but I am thinking maybe something along the lines of a Tag Aquaracer might be better suited given his age and save the navitimer or equivalent for either when he passes his PPL flying or for his 18th ?

Last edited:

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Generally speaking, gifting someone a fake watch is not a good idea, unless this someone is a Russian hooker that you will never see again after happy hour. An 18-year-old with an expensive clone from daddy . . . what could possibly go wrong?

Dense-Zebra

Looking Around
9/9/21
Generally speaking, gifting someone a fake watch is not a good idea, unless this someone is a Russian hooker that you will never see again after happy hour. An 18-year-old with an expensive clone from daddy . . . what could possibly go wrong?

He is aware its not real but in any case hes decided to buy it himself now anyway and has settled on the white face navitimer 1. just looking around now to get the best model.

efk95

Supporter
Certified
16/5/21
Bahrain
If you’re going for the Navitimer 1, definitely go for V7F model! It is considered a NWBIG, I own the blue dial and have no complaints so far. However, due the bezel shape and wide bracelet, it does wear larger than its size, it is 41mm but wears like a 42.5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Dense-Zebra

Dense-Zebra

Looking Around
9/9/21
If you’re going for the Navitimer 1, definitely go for V7F model! It is considered a NWBIG, I own the blue dial and have no complaints so far. However, due the bezel shape and wide bracelet, it does wear larger than its size, it is 41mm but wears like a 42.5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks ,

Not having much luck fining a V7F yet with white face white dials but have been looking.