• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I just bought my first Rolex Submariner

davebrownocc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/21
Arroyo Grande, CA
I love this stuff you guys! This is fun. It's one of the reasons I like this place. He seems pretty honest, and maybe didn't know, but even myself, who throws quite a few social norms to the side in my daily living would never do that. I hope you stay and have some fun and don't take things too seriously. Except for some of these etiquette issues that are necessary to help us keep having fun. We need the fewest horror stories about the law getting down on any one of us, from fact. workers to TD'S to us watch enjoyers wearing our Rolexes and getting laid whenever we want.
YOU DON'T want to F THAT up, do you?
You did harm man. You can't see it but this kind of thing can hurt people.

Please keep your hobby on the low, bro. Please.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ero541

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
Bringing a fake to an authorized dealer is the worst thing to do. Kind of like throwing egg in their face.
Sort of like bringing counterfeit money to the Police.

aarvin2

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/8/21
when I took it into a Rolex authorized seller, they immediately knew it was fake because the metal was too shiny and bezel reflection was off.

what is the point of buying $500 clones if an employee could spot it far away?

How do I know my watch has 904L stainless steel? The employee immediately noticed the metal looked different

How does the quality of $100 Rolex compare to the $400-$500 clones from InTime?

what am I really paying 5x more for?

I am not obsessive with small engravings and how my watch ticks but want something that looks close to real so am I better off getting 5 watches from DHgate or one watch from Intime?

Top notch question

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
when I took it into a Rolex authorized seller, they immediately knew it was fake because the metal was too shiny and bezel reflection was off.

1. I don’t believe you. That makes little to no sense. Now if you said they noticed the crystal or lugs or crown guards, sure, MAYBE. They are all hot garbage on your watch. But my belief is you handed the watch to this AD for re-sizing and that’s when, upon physical inspection & likely you telling him it’s a rep, he called it as such.

2. You pay more for the actual work that goes into making the watch appear gen like, including the movement, as opposed to shitty cheap reps. So, if you prefer 5 shitty looking watches, sell this one & go buy 5 shitty looking watches. This watch is fine for daily wear & I can guarantee the vast majority of folks won’t be calling you out, unlike the 5 shitty watches you might buy.

3. Don’t take a rep watch into an AD like a muppet.

Reactions: GingerBubba