• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The best place to buy a Gen ETA movement?

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
A month ago I bought a Hublot Classic Fusion 42mm, from the JJF factory. I'm thinking of installing a Gen movement in it.

The watch has an Asian 2892 movement with platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement. My first question is: if I buy an ETA 2892 movement, could I install it in the watch, and install the platinum plated movement plate and rotor in the Gen movement?

And my second question is, where is the best place to buy the ETA 2892 Gen movement? There are several sites on the Internet, but none of them seems to be completely reliable, and there is a wide range of prices (from $200 to $500), so I don't know which dealer to trust.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Enjoy the movement while it lasts - do something about it when it becomes necessary.

A repair would cost less money but if you want Swiss standards (which are often met with the Chinese ETA clones already to a relative degree) check Chrono 24 or even eBay for sealed movements which were never mounted.