• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Experiences with Swiss ETA from (T)D's?

Powerreserve

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/17
Amsterdam/Firenze/Nurburg
Hi all,

What are your experiences with reps that are offered with a Swiss (ETA) movt? I have read quite some horrific stories but is it always that bad?

What are the right steps to take or signs to look out for to come to a good purchase?

Thx for the feedback

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've got two, a BK subc and an older steelfish with ETA movement. There is no significant advantage to ETA over the A2836. Unless it is only offered with a Swiss ETA, I'd rather buy the clone 2836 and swap in a fresh new movement.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Hi all,

What are your experiences with reps that are offered with a Swiss (ETA) movt? I have read quite some horrific stories but is it always that bad?

What are the right steps to take or signs to look out for to come to a good purchase?

Thx for the feedback

In the past BP offered swiss eta which were mix movements between clone parts and swiss parts, or parts of old swiss eta.

In recent years both BP and Noob have introduced new Eta swiss as movements (usually Noob have nickel color, and BP have gold color).

As for both are the same swiss Eta that are on ebay, they are real high quality movements and in the case of Noobs are real Eta siwss, like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj0ORjczaso&t=295s

So, imho buying Noob watches from BK does not make sense, but it remains my opinion.

In the case of BP I am not convinced that these are real ETA swiss, but I believe that they are movements that are however made in china, but with components and better bill than the normal Hangzhou or Seagull (in fact you can notice how many of them Gold color there is a "hot" mold and all of these report "V8" mold). These can also be found on ebay, and by Chinese sellers.

Here a pic of a "swiss" 2836-2 BP actual movement

BximSq2.jpg

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
My breitling seawolf has an eta swiss from TD. Runs like a charm. Very light shake and it starts going.

Sent from my HTC 10. Images hosted by www.PixelsBin.com

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I have read quite some horrific stories but is it always that bad?

Not always. Question is, do you like taking the bet ? Asian movements are reliable, there is no need to worry, they will probably last for years without any issue and you can still switch to a fresh ETA later.

Powerreserve

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/17
In the past BP offered swiss eta which were mix movements between clone parts and swiss parts, or parts of old swiss eta.

In recent years both BP and Noob have introduced new Eta swiss as movements (usually Noob have nickel color, and BP have gold color).

As for both are the same swiss Eta that are on ebay, they are real high quality movements and in the case of Noobs are real Eta siwss, like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj0ORjczaso&t=295s

So, imho buying Noob watches from BK does not make sense, but it remains my opinion.

In the case of BP I am not convinced that these are real ETA swiss, but I believe that they are movements that are however made in china, but with components and better bill than the normal Hangzhou or Seagull (in fact you can notice how many of them Gold color there is a "hot" mold and all of these report "V8" mold). These can also be found on ebay, and by Chinese sellers.

Here a pic of a "swiss" 2836-2 BP actual movement

BximSq2.jpg

Many thanks: very helpful

Powerreserve

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/17
Not always. Question is, do you like taking the bet ? Asian movements are reliable, there is no need to worry, they will probably last for years without any issue and you can still switch to a fresh ETA later.

"Do you like taking the bet? > I like the idea of owning a nice rep with a real Swiss ETA but I also want to avoid nasty surprises. So before I buy I would like to ask the right questions so that I know what I can expect and avoid disappointments.