The Franken 1500 adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawlessflyer View Post

Hey man! The idea is to enjoy our wonderful hobby and you did just that! Nice shot for your first!

The reason behind them scrapes is that they needed to be brought down smoothing is grit paper by grit paper having smoother grip paper every step of the way until it looks like a polished surface, then the polish wheel is applied.

Ps: also note, that file is crazy teeth! Didn't need to go that heavy file. They have small (hobby files) available
    Ah right!!

I used the grit paper which you described in your topic so I hoped that I did it right, maybe had to do it nicer Haha. I might will do it over with a little more Patience.

Yeah I didn't had a clue which file ineeded xD I already had these. Going to look for a hobby file

Is it possible that the file caused the stripes because of the teeth bring crazy xD?

Comment

Originally posted by Voo-doo View Post

oke ... So in really close throwing the whole damnd thing out of the window????

This is today's progress. I received the last parts. I was still waiting for the crown and the new movement ring. So the movement ring did the job. It squeezed the movement onto the case and it holds it well. The only thing I still need to adjust. Is the dial. It's not 100% straight. This is a hard thing to do because I used dial dots and the dial moves over de movement

The crown on the other hand is a different story. I bought another crown. This time a generic Rolex crown. The problem which I'm facing is that it doesn't screw in untill the end. You can see it in the pictures but after this point it stops. I'm not sure what to do here because I don't want to force it.

Do you guys think this is because of the crown being a generic crown and will a genuine crown solve this problem?

Just don't start a date build????

trailboss99 is it possible to unblock my account? I received something like a partial ban last year. Have been here for a year since and behaved well I miss the full forum experience because a lot of pages ( even my own profile and the search section ) show that I'm not authorized to view it. Thanks in advance!
      Hey that's looking mighty nice I remember long ago I attempted this build but signed out of it and sold the case set because I didn't know what I was doing lol

Comment

Hey that's looking mighty nice I remember long ago I attempted this build but signed out of it and sold the case set because I didn't know what I was doing lol
        Hahaha yeah I really like the 1500 34mm. It fits my wrist well! I built this one for the girlfriend!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

Comment

this is what I meant ... Goes straight through the heart
          Here man, this is the link to my datejust build similar to yours, the (hand height spacing) is somewhat explained there.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-franken-build

Comment

Here man, this is the link to my datejust build similar to yours, the (hand height spacing) is somewhat explained there.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-franken-build
            Thats great! I have a wonderful 16200 black dial which I don't wanna scratch haha. Going to dive into it tomorrow. Thanks!!

Comment

Thats great! I have a wonderful 16200 black dial which I don't wanna scratch haha. Going to dive into it tomorrow. Thanks!!
              I see your going on a oyster date kick!

Tag me in that thread

Comment

I see your going on a oyster date kick!

Tag me in that thread
                Haha yup! I learned that I like the smooth bezel just as much as the fluted haha.

Received the dial yesterday !!!

Will keep you posted!!
                Last edited by Voo-doo; 21-02-21, 08:38.

Comment

Haha yup! I learned that I like the smooth bezel just as much as the fluted haha.

Received the dial yesterday !!!

Will keep you posted!!
                  Oh wow nice! I keep an eye out for a blue dial but never came across one in good condition.. I'd like to build a more "sporty dj"

Comment

Oh wow nice! I keep an eye out for a blue dial but never came across one in good condition.. I'd like to build a more "sporty dj"
                    Yeah blue dials in good condition are rare and almost unaffordable. I found one here a couple years ago and slammed it on my gen 16013. Have a 16233 blue dial incoming with a bit of damage. I hope the damage is small, i will keep it in the original condition then, and if not i will try to get it restored a bit.

Comment

lawlessflyer second try xD. Are there better?

Comment

lawlessflyer second try xD. Are there better?
                        Yes these should work! Just be careful

Comment

Yes these should work! Just be careful
                          Haha will give it a try!
                          ​​​​​​Was just working with hyptocement for the first time. Mannnnn I wasting a lot of dwos with fast drying glue xD
                          Can't argue with this allignment ?! Not perfect but definitely the best I ever did ????????????

Comment

Haha will give it a try!
                            ​​​​​​Was just working with hyptocement for the first time. Mannnnn I wasting a lot of dwos with fast drying glue xD
                            Can't argue with this allignment ?! Not perfect but definitely the best I ever did ????????????
                            Thumbs up!

I use dial dots for mounting I find it works best as it serves 2 purposes, 1) keeps the dwo above the gears 2) less mess.

**note** this is using 2824 movement (which I highly recommend)

Comment

Working...
                            X