• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 Repair Can't change the time

234BUDs

22/7/17
I've had my Noob V4 (M-Series?) PAM111 for about a year now. Over the summer I had an issue where I would open the CG to change the time and I couldn't engage the crown to the proper position. After an hour of moving the crown around and wiggling it, I heard it click back into place. Today I went to wind it and when I am on the second crown setting, it won't change the time. Moving the crown only winds the movement as I can see the gears turning in the back and I feel the tension of the crown. When I am in the "time-changing position" and I click it back to the neutral position, it doesn't click. It just moves back to place without clicking and engaging whatever mechanism should be engaging. I'm assuming this is an issue with my keyless works. The couple threads I could find about this issue don't have the pictures anymore. Does anybody know what I should do to fix it? I was planning on opening it up and trying to adjust the screws around the crown stem until it works.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That a great tutorial, is your movement also a 6497? This is certainly how I would approach this issue, what you mentioned about "adjusting screws around the stem" is not going to fix this.

The hands and dial have to be removed to get to the keyless, so if you are not comfortable doing that, let someone else do it.