• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

Hoosier Watch Guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
Just got my Tudor Black Bay pictured above back from you. Looks and runs great. Thank you again!
To RWI-Great service and great communication. Will definitely use again

Reactions: Oascom

Weedb0y

20/2/15
I sent my new sub from BK off for a service because of issues and there were two broken parts. Its unfortunate but these things happen.

I thought the purpose of BK watch was the fact that it had proper TLC done to it?

reptime101

15/9/18
Finally sent mine in the mail today haha. Very excited to see the inside of my watch :O

Reactions: Oascom

arcanusfluxer

22/6/19
Hey kennygconspiracy, I have had a watch delivered over a week ago. On the day of arrival Oascom said he would check his mailbox. He has since not responded to my DMs, but has had a few posts in this forum. I was messaging another user here who has been awaiting responses even longer than I have. The user was telling me that Oascom was dealing with some personal issues. I guess we have to just wait for him to get back to us, I don't even know if my watch has been picked up or if it is just sitting on a porch somewhere.

Personal life should come first, especially during current circumstances. We have no idea what he is dealing with. I hope he is ok, but I also wish he would just sticky a post that says "hey, orders are going to be delayed".

Egwinjr

Horology Curious
2/1/20
Hey kennygconspiracy, I have had a watch delivered over a week ago. On the day of arrival Oascom said he would check his mailbox. He has since not responded to my DMs, but has had a few posts in this forum. I was messaging another user here who has been awaiting responses even longer than I have. The user was telling me that Oascom was dealing with some personal issues. I guess we have to just wait for him to get back to us, I don't even know if my watch has been picked up or if it is just sitting on a porch somewhere.

Personal life should come first, especially during current circumstances. We have no idea what he is dealing with. I hope he is ok, but I also wish he would just sticky a post that says "hey, orders are going to be delayed".

I’m in the same boat, I sent my watch and it was delivered in July 17. I gave it a couple weeks and had heard nothing, I PMed, and emailed, then PMed again and got a response on Aug 9 informing there were personal issues causing the delay but did confirm the watch was there and would get to it ASAP. I’m not in a huge rush so it’s ok but it would be nice to get a bit more communication.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Last time I spoke with him he was not taking new work due to the high volume of inquiries/jobs received after becoming a trusted watchmaker. I had two watches that needed his services.

That, along with the personal issues that have been stated is a valid reasons to his communications to slow down. We don't know what kind of personal issues they are, so, I can only say to give him the space he deserves. He will make up for it.

Fear not, Patryk has always delivered.

It is very weird how in this pandemic, most watchmakers I know are doing so very damn well business-wise.

My gen watchmaker used to have a week turnaround, now, it's about two months. It's a trend becoming quite apparent in the watchmaking business.

I guess people are bored at home and have turned to having their pieces serviced.

Patience, my friends, P will get to you all in due time.

Last edited:

Xilikon

20/8/19
I have one watch with him for a while but even if it is a bit slow, he always replied to my PM. I agree with mclarendude to give him space and time because he will always make things right in the end.

I have a gen Girard Perregaux vintage watch I sent to a watchmaker next city in june and we are august without any news yet so many watchmakers is surely swamped with work. A few good watchmakers I inquired before all either told me they don't take more work or quoted outrageous prices (1000-1500$ to service a simple watch is a quote I got).

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hey sorry guys I'm a bit slow now, as some people said I'm having some personal issues atm and trying to balance personal stuff and watches as much as possible.

This backed me up a bit and trying to catch up as much as possible I currently don't accept any new work unless someone want to wait around a month.

And yes watchmakers got tons of work recently... I just can't keep up replying to everyone.

Anyway I'm back to my bench now and hopefully I'll get your watches sent asap.

Thanks for understanding

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!

Haha.... Soooo take another one.
VnrfL.jpg
VnCZv.jpg
Vn6US.jpg
Vn8QQ.jpg
VnBhR.jpg
VnQn8.jpg
VnluK.jpg
VnPI1.jpg
VnXx4.jpg
VnkWI.jpg
VnTdj.jpg
Vnunb.jpg
VnwQc.jpg
Vn4fX.jpg
Vns2i.jpg
Vnvup.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tione12

PorscheRacer

2/4/18
Bicester - UK
It's always better to service your new replica

This topic is ever relevant.

I bought 2 x GMT’s a few weeks ago. Noob V10 and a GMF V3.

I didn’t use them at all until I had them checked out and fully serviced by a watchmaker.

The GMF V3 has just been completed by the watchmaker. Whilst the watch appeared to be running great, upon inspection the SH3135 movement was ‘flooded’ with oil, and two of the jewels were actually cracked.

The watchmaker tells me the cracked jewels were an accident waiting to happen, and would have potentially destroyed the movement had they fallen apart in use.

I have had the movement fully stripped, cleaned, rebuilt with new (and higher quality) jewels, etc

The watch is now running perfectly in all respects and at least I have piece of mind that it’s all good for the time being.

So yes, even if you buy one of the ‘better’ Reps, spend some money and get it serviced/stripped before you use it!

I also took the stripdown opportunity to fit the correct height Clark sapphire crystal and Clark gasket, plus lowering the hands to achieve Gen hands and crystal height. A Noob V10 bracelet was also fitted at the same time as this is more Gen feeling than the GMF.

Additionally, O-rings were changed and silicone grease added, caseback properly tightened to improve waterproofing.

A few simple things to ensure reliability, usability and also eliminating the only obvious cosmetic issue with the GMF V3, which is the crystal height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: