• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Minute hand freezing everyday at 23:26

Godcia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/19
Hey everyone,

I recently got a Yachtmaster from Narikaa.

The watch itself is pretty rough as was determined in a previous post of mine.

But I noticed something odd with the movement

The minute hand freezes everyday at a very specific time, everyday at 23:26 the minute hand gets stuck. It doesn't happen at 11:26 only at night.

The seconds keep going around like normal.

I can adjust the time to 23:27 and the minute hand starts functioning like normal again except when it reaches 00:00 the datewheel won't rotate to the next day, I have to fix it by hand everyday.

The movement is a DG2813 , any idea what might be causing this problem? How to fix it or who to send it in the EU?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: drmckenn

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Probably something with the date change mechanism internally...if hands were touching I'd expect it to stop. Best and easiest solution is have a new 2813 dropped in.

Reactions: KJ2020

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Probably something with the date change mechanism internally...if hands were touching I'd expect it to stop. Best and easiest solution is have a new 2813 dropped in.

I agree, the movement is relatively inexpensive. To fix you would need to pull the dial anyway. The minute hand usually runs off the canon pinion from friction of the center wheel...but the canon pinion also turns the hour wheel via the minute wheel...and the whole mess is in the date driving function. That being said, service and replacement parts would be as much as dropping in another movement.

Reactions: KJ2020

Godcia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/19
Thanks for the info!
I'll look around for some tutorials and try to swap out the movement
Never even opened a watch so this will be a nice experience