• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116660 904L Bracelet broke ...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Could have been a whole lot worse, at least you still have the watch.

Seen this happen quite a few times over the forums, and it's happened to me too - more than once, because ARF/JF put silly little springbars in to join the SEL to the rest of the bracelet. They're weak, and only a matter of time before they fail. Dropping your watch to the floor...

Best option is to repair the bracelet by separating the link that fits to the SEL, and fitting a solid pin. I've done that on all my JF bracelets now.

Here's a link to where I mentioned the problem a few weeks ago
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...71#post7314671

Looks like a fairly simple inexpensive repair. How are you getting the link connected to the SEL apart?

RobSe1 Maybe all you need to do is replace that one link with a splined pin.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Looks like a fairly simple inexpensive repair. How are you getting the link connected to the SEL apart?

RobSe1 Maybe all you need to do is replace that one link with a splined pin.

This looks...interesting. Buglicker could you explain what you exactly did to repair the Bracelet?

Thanks Mate

Buglicker

Known Member
18/9/17
Lincoln UK
This looks...interesting. Buglicker could you explain what you exactly did to repair the Bracelet?

Thanks Mate

Sorry mate, dunno how I missed this..

I heated the link up a little, and pulled it apart with two decent pairs of pliers. Practiced on an old scrap bracelet first to get the feel for it, found wrapping the links with fine grade sandpaper (800 grit or so, grit side touching the bracelet) protected them from getting chewed up by the plier's teeth, and grips real well (tried tape first, but that kept pulling off).
Used red loctite when I pressed everything back together, been perfect since on all three bracelets I've done.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Sorry mate, dunno how I missed this..

I heated the link up a little, and pulled it apart with two decent pairs of pliers. Practiced on an old scrap bracelet first to get the feel for it, found wrapping the links with fine grade sandpaper (800 grit or so, grit side touching the bracelet) protected them from getting chewed up by the plier's teeth, and grips real well (tried tape first, but that kept pulling off).
Used red loctite when I pressed everything back together, been perfect since on all three bracelets I've done.

Thanks mate i‘ll give it a try, can‘t get worser lol^^
did you use normal springbars to connect the parts back?
or what did you use for replacing the broken/damage pin?

Buglicker

Known Member
18/9/17
Lincoln UK
Thanks mate i‘ll give it a try, can‘t get worser lol^^
did you use normal springbars to connect the parts back?
or what did you use for replacing the broken/damage pin?

I used a solid pin that I'd salvaged from a scrap bracelet, which is why I had to pull the link apart to fit it.
Some with the same problem have just replaced the little springbar, which just pops into place without having to separate the link. I think my way is better, but it is extra work - and can easily screw up the bracelet if you're not careful.

Couple of links to where others have had this:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/6981804-jf-16610-bracelet-repair-help

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/6760286-how-can-i-fix-this

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?...reduced-210-usd/&tab=comments#comment-2136776

5_A2_AD0_FF-84_AB-4_D82-_B5_DD-1682_B177_DC40.jpg

Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
KJ2020
Buglicker
I removed the broken endlink now. I think the little springbar inside was damaged from factory because one side was pressed in and only like half of an Millimeter play - so there
was only a little piece holding the link.

I ordered 2 different sizes of mini spingbars without shoulder - lets hope it‘ll work :D

Reactions: KJ2020

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Here we go...and what to say? It worked perfect. 9mm length and 1,4mm thickness - 1.5mm is better but i increased the diameter with a bit of tape ;) it sits perfectly with the play like before and on the other endlink.

Bracelet is a bit Damaged but thats ok.

If anyone needs a micro springbar - just ask :)

4mgyp.jpg

4mFHs.jpg

4mYeh.jpg

4mdDD.jpg

4mqNU.jpg

4mOy8.jpg

4mtH3.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
RobSe1

Nice work my friend! Salvaged it afterall. Remarkable that you had no lug or case damage. Looks great!

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
RobSe1

Nice work my friend! Salvaged it afterall. Remarkable that you had no lug or case damage. Looks great!

Thanks mate, i‘m really glad it worked :) Yeah it‘s really strange but the best thing could have happened with the Drop. It hit the Stone floor and only that Dent on the Link and a little scratch on it...nothing more :megalol:

Reactions: Buglicker

Buglicker

Known Member
18/9/17
Lincoln UK
Well done sir! Those springbars look a lot better quality than the ones that were inside my bracelet. I would have happily replaced them with that type and saved the hassle of splitting the link.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Well done sir! Those springbars look a lot better quality than the ones that were inside my bracelet. I would have happily replaced them with that type and saved the hassle of splitting the link.

Yes the ARF springbar is feally crappy and the spring has only a little force. The new ones i bought are much stronger.

Yeah, splitting a link is horror. Do you know if the gen bracelet is built like the same?