• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob question on crown / tube

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Okay so again pardon me of my ignorance but I keep seeing modders swapping a rep's crown + tube for gen or aftermarket (athaya comes back frequently) crown + tube.
what is the actual purpose?
-Is the aftermarket crown + tube closer to gen (I suppose it is), and in what way? Is the FEEL better? or is it visual? Both?
-do you improve water resistance as well by installing a better crown / tube?
-is it a modification that's easy to make? (I see the price is really affordable with Athaya)

Thanks in advance :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Hi fred, PITA means "pain in the ass"

Yes, that is right type of tool but that one is showing as 'not available'. Make sure you get one with a bit large enough to fit the tube hole.

Great - thank you mate!

The showed was meant as an example, will head out tomorrow to a tool shop and will see what they have .

cheers

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Sometimes the tubes can be pulled out with a set of needle nose. If they are soldered or brazed in, then you need to cut them out. I have tried to reflow the braze/solder but can never get it hot enough. I know on the Noob Omega cases you can pull them out, not sure on others.

Reactions: KJ2020

mid106

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/19
What means PITA mod means? I want to do it too and am looking for the right tool to get the tube out of the case without any damage...

is this a proper tool?
https://www.google.de/search?q=schr...de#imgrc=aKd54hCBYL9geM&imgdii=lBbgB7sYSh2EFM

Thanks

Hi.
I think the tool that meets your hope is the product of the link below.

http://horotec.ch/news/MSA03.657/1/lang/2

For remove, search keyword
"Crown Tube Replacement" on Youtube
You can search for videos that you may find useful.