• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[USA] Miyota Tudor Pelagos XF V3 service

DustinY

Known Member
4/5/18
Hey RWI,

Just looking for someone to tear into this and make sure its okay. The rotor is making some noise and it has some crown/tube issues. Would love both these fixed, and can help buy the things i need to to make this perfect. Thanks :)

CONUS Please <3

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
Miyota rotors are noisier than ETA rotors. That's just a fact of life. The main reason is that they only wind in one direction and when they're going the opposite direction they are just freewheeling and can generate some rpms. I can usually quiet them down some but they're never going to be silent like a 2824 or 3135 rotor. As for the crown, what's the problem? Crooked? Not screwing down correctly?

Reactions: DustinY

DustinY

Known Member
4/5/18
Can I buy a 2824 ETA and have it swapped over? He said the man who serviced it mentioned that it to short, so it doesn’t screw down all the way. Takes a couple tries to get the threads to catch.

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
Are you sure that the guy said it was too short? If you've having trouble getting the threads to catch you've either got a crown or a crown tube or perhaps both with thread issues, a stem that's a smidgen too long, a crown that isn't "compressing" properly, or some combination of these things. As for a 2824 swap I wouldn't advise it. I don't know if the movements will physically interchange in the case or not (I'm much more of a traditional watchmaker than a modder) but I am sure that the dial, hands, stem and etc. are not compatible.

DustinY

Known Member
4/5/18
I have confirmed you’re right about everything. What’s a service cost for the rotor?