• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF factory v3 royal oak 15400 case back screw issue

555yedped

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/18
Cambridge
Hello, I recently purchased my first rep which is the AP royal oak 15400 JF factory v3 blue dial about a week a go. The main issue here is that on the first day of purchase the case back screw fell off and I was lucky enough to find it so I emailed my TD and he recommended me get a local watch smith to fix it. At my local watch smith, I was informed that the screw was like a stick on screw and wasn't actually screwed into the case back so he just glued it back in with super glue and it was still water proof so no issues. However, today another different screw fell out from the watch as I was taking it off. Do you guys have any suggestions to resolve this problem because It is really annoying and I don't want to risk losing small screws on a rep I haven't even purchased for up to a week yet . thanks

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
There was a member with similar issue but with hublot s bezel
. The screws are not all the same in diameter length, so initial market might have put the wrong screws maybe strip the thread.

I would ask the watch maker to glue it back again . . Sorry to give you bad news

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Personally I'd get the removable thread lock and place it on the others as a preventative measure

555yedped

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/18
Cambridge
teddy875transteam thanks for the response. right now I'm just going let me watch guy remove all case back screws and put them back on with super glue or removable thread lock (depends what is available). have a nice day