Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

2836-2 Date Wheel Overlay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2836-2 Date Wheel Overlay

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone has possibly run into this in the past, or can perhaps provide some advice regarding date alignment in date window.

I recently had a failed 2836 replaced in my Noob V7, with an ETA 2836-2 'style' movement. (Seller said date would not line up after I bought, but was unfamiliar with Noob, so I gambled.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETA-2836-2-...QAAOSwA3dYJmig

I assumed original Overlay could simply be transferred, which it was.
    However, now all date numbers sit approx 1-2 mm low. Numbers 12-25 aren't as bad.

[img]*****************.com/EbHfaz0.jpg[/img]

With rest of watch looking so good, the low numbers really stand out to me. I'm hesitant to buy new movement(Seagull, etc.), have installed and still end up with same result.

Anyone seen this before? Any techs?

you need to reposition the date wheel overlay.
    Gens: Rolex 116334, Rolex 116233 DD, Rolex 16018 DJ, Rolex 116613LB, Rolex 1675/3
    Reps: Franken 1675, Franken 116520

My Vintage Rolex Builds!

Comment

Thanks yodog ! I ordered 2 overlays, and once they come, it's being sent off to Katt.
      [img]*****************.com/71I1AX5.jpg[/img]

I hope I'm not being naive in thinking this will be an easy fix. (For someone other than myself.)
      Literally like 1mm low...

Comment

You bought the wrong kind man, thats for vintage models. It will look like shit in a 6 digit sub
        Gens: Rolex 116334, Rolex 116233 DD, Rolex 16018 DJ, Rolex 116613LB, Rolex 1675/3
        Reps: Franken 1675, Franken 116520

My Vintage Rolex Builds!

Comment

Originally posted by yodog View Post
          You bought the wrong kind man, that's for vintage models. It will look like shit in a 6 digit sub
          I thought open 6 and 9 were vintage? What is the right kind?

Comment

Originally posted by yodog View Post
            You bought the wrong kind man, thats for vintage models. It will look like shit in a 6 digit sub
            UGH!!! Thanks yodog
            Any idea where I can get correct overlay?

Comment

Calling bklm1234 BK!!! It's too late for me to cancel the ones I ordered from ebay. (Been told they are substandard)
              How can I get a Noob Overlay for a misaligned Sub?

Comment

I might be able to sell you a noob v7 Date wheel with already installed overlay. I have one from a job that went south with a v7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey MikeAlphaXray ,
                  Thanks so much. I actually was very, very fortunate. yodog realigned existing one. (probably better than Noob factory )
                  I'm sure someone would have a good home/wrist for that though.

Comment

Working...
                  X