• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A3186 AKA 2824 Pallet fork issues

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
So i had to tear down my new a3186 to fix a keyless issue. The detent button became stuck down and a full tear down was needed.

Reassembly went smoothly until i got the pallet fork and balance wheel. All the online tutorials show the pallet fork moving freely but with little play vertically. Mine when installed feels sloppy, Its installed the correct orientation. if the watch is powered the fork will start and stop the escape wheel.

once i install the balance wheel (which a huge pain ) i can start the watch manual and it make run for 2-3 seconds and slow down until it stops, or it may run for 5 seconds and stop. How ever no matter what it stops.

The balance wheel appears to be in perfect condition. Ive removed and installed about 20x times, i've checked for any debree, hair or dust and nothing. The only thing i can notice is how sloppy the pallet fork feels. The side facing up, (to rear of watch) has a stem that sets in the jewel the lower appears to only have a raised bump if you will.

Any advise is appreciated. Also tomorrow my microscope with video logging arrives so i will be able to get some photos and provide more info.

I am in the Orlando FL area if anyone is local or knows a watch smith.

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
The movement in your pallet for is due to the top pinion being broken off, get a new pallet fork and all will be well,

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
The movement in your pallet for is due to the top pinion being broken off, get a new pallet fork and all will be well,

I just posted photos on another post under Rolex /Tudor. Can you look at photos? Any idea on what pm pallet fork I need?

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
I just posted photos on another post under Rolex /Tudor. Can you look at photos? Any idea on what pm pallet fork I need?

I’m right down the road from you. Might have a pallet fork for you if you’re interested.

Sent from the RWI App