• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

problem setting date rolex submariner

Seyswatch

Horology Curious
1/3/21
hello everyone, after getting my submariner date from ZZF I'm having a problem. Since the watch has not undergone any shocks or improper handling, it has a major defect in the date and its setting.
firstly, the date no longer adjusts with the notch of the crown, it no longer moves, secondly the date wheel seems to be shifted because as you can see in the photo below it hangs on one between two dates.
If some people have the answer to this problem, thank you very much for sending it to me, good day to you!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's most likely an issue with the date wheel or date finger. Some rep movements have a plastic jewel on the date finger that can pop off and then it can't contact the teeth on the date disc. ZZF has a VR3135 which has a metal post on the date finger, but it can slip out the post on the date wheel that drives it. It will likely need a replacement part to fix this issue.

jjZS5i.jpg

This one was fixed by using a replacement part with a longer post on the date wheel, which had to be grinded down some because it was too tall and actually did a double date flip on automatic changeover.

jjZV1F.jpg

jjZcMt.jpg

jjZbNp.jpg

jjZJK5.jpg

Reactions: Seyswatch

Seyswatch

Horology Curious
1/3/21
thank you very much for this very precise information! I am afraid that it will be complicated for me alone to repair the mechanism in this case I do not prefer to do more damage, maybe have it repaired by someone knowledgeable!

Reactions: KJ2020