• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6 month review of Submariner 116610 LN ARF V2 3135 from Asian7750

Lee22

Horology Curious
13/10/19
I wanted to do a brief review and feedback of the submariner which I purchased from Asian 7750. After doing several hours of reading on the forum, I finally made my decision to contact Tony from Asian 7750 and make my request. I went with the 116610 LN ARF V2 3135. The cost was just under $500 with the 10% discount I received by using Western Union. After unboxing and peeling off all the protective strips, I was impressed with the watch. This was my first replica experience, and I had been very happy with the customer service I received from Tony and his patience.

A bit of context for the amount i use the watch. It’s at most a weekend watch, I wear it only on Saturday or Sunday, sometimes I might wear it both days. Fast forward to a little over six months of ownership. I have been very happy with the watch and the quality of it until about 10 days ago. I noticed that when I go to wind the watch I started to feel some rough contact with the crown to the internals as I was turning the crown. It seems like it’s slipping and I was very cautious as I was turning the crown slowly. It catches but then slips every other revolution.

I had read never to wind the watch when it was near midnight due to the date changing and causing possible issues. I only wound the watch in the daytime. Not sure what I should do now, I haven’t wound it for three days now because I don’t wanna make the issue worse if there is a problem. Some advice would be helpful. Not sure if this is a warranty problem or if I have to pay out-of-pocket now to have the watch looked at.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The thing to avoid is setting the date between 10pm and 2am to avoid damaging the date change mechanism since that's roughly when it's engaged. The other issue you mentioned, the abnormal sounds when winding, does it sound/feel like the crown isn't engaging completely? If you gently put outward pressure as you wind it does this improve?

Lee22

Horology Curious
13/10/19
The thing to avoid is setting the date between 10pm and 2am to avoid damaging the date change mechanism since that's roughly when it's engaged. The other issue you mentioned, the abnormal sounds when winding, does it sound/feel like the crown isn't engaging completely? If you gently put outward pressure as you wind it does this improve?

Yes it seems to improve when I gently put outward pressure as I try to wind the crown. It’s very difficult to do that though, it only “slips” a little bit when doing it this way.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I know that this is an older thread, but I just thought I'd mention that I have a gen watch with a Soprod A10 movement that does basically this exact same thing. If you google this issue it can be caused by worn internals.