• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has the best Hulk 116610 LV Sub Review

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Who has the best Hulk 116610 LV Sub

Just because I’m in the flow right now, thought to share some wrist shots of my 116610LV Franken build.

Before you think about a Hulk Replica and what is the best version, you need to know: the title is just for fun. There is no perfect Hulk apart from gen!!!!
All of them have flaws. VRF, ARF, Noob whatever you call them.

My recommendation:
- Noob v9 is best Basis for frankening
- ARF is best out of the box
- VRF is second choice for frankening but has best movement
- All other manufacturers: I don’t know

Of course, I’m talking only about 3135 models. Not 2836 ones as they have incorrect case shape (CGs too low etc.).

Biggest tell for each and every hulk is.... taratata.... the insert!!! There is not a single insert I have seen so far, which is really comparable to gen. None has the apple green which changes from really dark to nice green so fast. Either the inserts are too light always or too dark. You cannot tell this from pictures, but gen is gen in reality. Maybe there was some good version like late v6s or luciloue or so. But again, gen is gen. While the insert could be an instant tell, I wouldn’t start frankening a watch without having the insert already. Save your money, Franken another model or try to get a gen watch. I couldn’t believe it myself before and started frankening without having a gen insert. I was so upset with this watch, until I won in lottery and catches a gen used insert. Yes it’s used, but I don’t care. I always prefer used and gen instead of new and rep. However, if you still want a hulk but you don’t want to Franken it, I would recommend ARF version. It’s a pretty nice out of the box quality and if you don’t try to find every flaw, then you won’t spot them. Problem: once you spotted a flaw, it will be always obvious to you. So stop reading all that stuff and just get an ARF. It’s nice!!!

For me, there was no return.
So my basis was a Noob v9 3135 model.

I did the following mods to it:
- gen tube & crown
- gen date disc
- gen sapphire crystal
- gen LV insert
- ARF bracelet
- Noob v6s clasp (best apart from gen)
- rare BP dial

The result can be seen from the pictures.

However, I’m not satisfied yet and this is still planned to do:
- Due to the fact that I catched one of the incorrect Noob v9 cases which have problems to keep ARF bracelet tight in place and different lug thicknesses, I will change to another v9 case (which I have already)
- The BP dial as way to light markers. They don’t look nice cream colored like gen and appear very white. Therefore my dial will get a relume. Luckily I do have a second rare BP dial laying around as well, so this can be send to relume.
- I do also have a VR3135 which will replace the SA3135. The SA runs great, but VR is a great copy of the gen once and I might replace some movement parts in future by gen ones. Not that you need, just because I like. And it’s better to have spare parts for VR than SA (although I’m having another spare SA here as well)
- I do also have a gen hand set which will be send together with the dial to relume job so my watch smith can get the right color of hands.
- And I have a gen bezel assembly. This will be mounted then on the new case as well.

Basically, I’m building a second watch because I have everything twice. Lol. Just the gen insert will move then to the new watch. The old case and some parts will be basis for a 116613LB build then.

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
I have the best Hulk.
Because I am the best and it is my Hulk.
*shrugs*
eca9a3f9da8a25226505d57d93f4feee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I want a good hulk, too. In the process but it’s difficult waiting. I want everything right now. The inserts are so hard to find. And having a hulk but not being comfortable wearing it absolutly blows. Where can I find a set of gen hands?

Neil McCauley

Supporter
Certified
19/10/20
Germany
I want a good hulk, too. In the process but it’s difficult waiting. I want everything right now. The inserts are so hard to find. And having a hulk but not being comfortable wearing it absolutly blows. Where can I find a set of gen hands?

I‘m with you, same problem like you uncomfortable wearing it. I have the ARF V3 but really really gen like Hulks you will never see because the green is the most powerful colour for the humans eyes. Fotos cannot take it.
I decide to change the watch to the black Sub because it’s more comfortable to wear and lightly modded never spot it like a fake from distance.
In my opinion spend thousands of dollars or euros for having a 90% gen like Hulk Rep is not worth it because you will never get the money back you spend for it. The Green colour of a Gen Hulk is one and only if you saw a genuine one in REAL life you will see a huge difference but black is black so I decided for black sub to avoid to feel uncomfortable.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Thought my v9 Franken was 90% after putting cfv3 insert on it?
d1f2113862c309b6e022487b6b68b282.jpg

Here next to zzf v2s. Happy with both and wear them with confidence being I’ve never owned gen hulk or had one within 10ft of my rep lol!

• Love
Reactions: FussyBuyer

Neil McCauley

Supporter
Certified
19/10/20
Germany
7c4c4b82fa651a9b0254f07c39e4f79d.jpg

This is my ARF v3, out of the box no mods and with stoping movement after 3 hours. To mod this watch matching to genuine I can go and buy better the genuine one :D

Flaws on mass on that watch

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
7c4c4b82fa651a9b0254f07c39e4f79d.jpg

This is my ARF v3, out of the box no mods and with stoping movement after 3 hours. To mod this watch matching to genuine I can go and buy better the genuine one :D

Flaws on mass on that watch

Who are you trying to fool with that gen piece of crap? Lmao

Neil McCauley

Supporter
Certified
19/10/20
Germany
Difference between this piece of shit and the ZZF or VRF is huge and now imagine how far away this is from genuine only galaxys not miles away :D :D

Neil McCauley

Supporter
Certified
19/10/20
Germany
That’s why I will go with a black ZZF v3 to avoid Blamage and wear it comfortable for my personal opinion.

Black is Black but green has many different stages on the sub Hulk reps for me.