• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC0269 - Big Pilot LPP SS/LE Blue - on a tiny wrist ;)

mattcraiganon

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
18/7/17
Ordered my first rep from Trusty in Mid July, pleased to say it arrived 2 weeks from handing over the money. Sadly I was away for the weekend it arrived, and did have a panic that I might miss it, but thankfully Royal Mail did their job and kept it safe at the Post Office 'til I returned. Picked it up today!

So, onwards and upwards with the review. In short: I love it! It is a beast, for sure. I ummed and arghed about getting it as I have a small wrist, but the more research I did the more I thought "fuck it".

Alas the results of fucking it:

87MPw04.jpg

First image after unboxing. Came well wrapped and unclasped like this. No markings, good protectors over metal and dial which were easy to remove.

JXfWxxR.jpg

Dial shot: beautiful AR coating. Centred date and a working power reserve indicator (accuracy to be tested over next week).

UfbWUP9.jpg

Reverse showing the LPP logo.

9r9NMr4.jpg

The strap is decent. A firm leather with a solid clasp, but I'm sure you could do better sourcing privately.

Xy3disZ.jpg

The crown is a real gem on this thing. It's so damn prominent! I love it. Photos don't do it justice!

Clyeg60.jpg

On my tiny wrist. I wasn't sure if I should get it or not for a while, but after lots of research decided to "fuck it" and get it anyway! Worth it. It looks better than this shot shows it, IMO.

lBJ4MvE.jpg

Cat approved.

Thoughts

I love this thing. For sure it's a huge watch, but it's SUPPOSED to be! It's grandiose, it stands out. You can wear it on the street and look good, or you can wear it as a dress watch and look good. It's good!

The strap is a bit under par, but when are they not? Can source better ones elsewhere if you want one.

Buying from TT was a dream; quick responses to all my queries. QA pics took about 2 days, not too bad.