• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High-end audio rep business?

Powerreserve

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/17
Amsterdam/Firenze/Nurburg
Besides watches I’m also very occupied with high-end audio equipment. I’ve seen a lot of Chinese amps that are cheap and sound ok-ish but I’m curious if there is a serious rep business in this space too?

And I’m talking about seriously good high-end reps of audio brands like Boulder, Dartzeel, Audio Research, d’ Agostino, Lamm, Esoteric, Puccini, Chord, etc.

Any experiences?

Sent from the RWI App

nick_

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Certified
20/9/12
I'd be curious too, but I don't think it exists. There is just too big of a difference in the build quality.

Naburus

2/12/12
I know that there are reps of interconnect and speaker cables. Maybe there are different grades of them, like super-reps, ok reps etc. But the ones I listened to were inferior to originals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
I don't think there is a market for it, otherwise they probably would have.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
There are good quality Chinese amps (esp monoblocks) but not sure if any actual reps.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Rep audio would be a little odd. It may look like gen but when you turn it on.......

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
there are great quality smaller name brands out there that give you more bang for your buck.

Check out the av forums and it will give you a good starting point