• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recommends on where to find rep AP Diver rubber straps

raxford

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/15
Hey friends,

I recently picked up an AP 42mm diver and really like the rubber strap on it. It's not a sticky silicone, but almost more textured in a way. It's very comfortable and I'd really like to buy another color or two.

Does anyone know where I can find them? I looked at the gate, but you just NEVER know what you're going to get. Hopefully some more experienced folks will know better than I.
798525b18d0a32760924fe13062bdced.jpg
9f710292ee894a130fa26a6e109a14ef.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Not an AP expert by any stretch, but what factory is your rep?

I have a JF and XF and the end link portions are very different (as in, not interchangeable at all).

I'd suggest contacting your TD and seeing if the end link pieces are available to buy.... if so, they'd open the range of aftermarket straps.

Got an elephant leather strap coming for an AP diver now... as well as a few various rubber/silicone straps.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Yes its a Midas. Trie ask puretime or other TD they can help you for sure. Stay away from gate/ebay cheap strap :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Or trie Hours straps. They are top notch

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I May very well have been deep into a glass of scotch when I replied the first time and misunderstood the question. Sorry I seem to have missed the point entirely.:eek:
I have had decent luck with AliExpress sources for AP rubber. If you zoom on the photos you can see some offer smooth finished straps (seemingly lower quality) and others the slightly textured straps (similar to JF and such). It is a bit of a roll of the dice, but I have gotten about six rubber straps that way and only 1 was an outright disappointment. The AliExpress ‘leather’ are universally trash, similar to stock rep quality.
The two-tone straps showing up on Amazon/ebay/Ali and such seem to be smooth but have been pretty nice. Would suggest to skip the more expensive ones that include the end pieces... those end pieces don’t fit on either my JF v9.5 diver or XF v2 FC diver. I don’t know if they fit any of the other rep cases.

raxford

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/15
I May very well have been deep into a glass of scotch when I replied the first time and misunderstood the question. Sorry I seem to have missed the point entirely.:eek:
I have had decent luck with AliExpress sources for AP rubber. If you zoom on the photos you can see some offer smooth finished straps (seemingly lower quality) and others the slightly textured straps (similar to JF and such). It is a bit of a roll of the dice, but I have gotten about six rubber straps that way and only 1 was an outright disappointment. The AliExpress ‘leather’ are universally trash, similar to stock rep quality.
The two-tone straps showing up on Amazon/ebay/Ali and such seem to be smooth but have been pretty nice. Would suggest to skip the more expensive ones that include the end pieces... those end pieces don’t fit on either my JF v9.5 diver or XF v2 FC diver. I don’t know if they fit any of the other rep cases.
Thank you I appreciate that. If you happen to come across any of the 5 successful links on Ali I'd be grateful. They take so incredibly long to get here haha.

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Yeah Midas straps are awesome I have 4 in different colours they fit the diver incredibly well

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Thank you I appreciate that. If you happen to come across any of the 5 successful links on Ali I'd be grateful. They take so incredibly long to get here haha.

PM sent with two seller names