• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyer doing a Paypal Chargeback on Admin's Approval

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08
I sold a movement to a member here and lockdown happened, world's longest lockdown.. Post Office international shipment was halted.

Atleast 2months passed and an admin was included in our PM and said as 2 months have passed and no tracking was given its time to do a chargeback and gave 48hrs ultimatum. Fortunately I was able to see that message and replied I'll just ship it within 24hrs so that chargeback won't happen. It will be via private couriers and so I shipped the item via UPS for 50$ (due to pandemic surcharges).

He said movement was printed (the engraving was printed), all I know is that it is either engraved or sticker is used. So I said it is engraved.
Its a Pam OP XI Movement A6497. Sold for 90$.
He contacted after the listing was posted for a while and the one pictured was already sold, but I have another so I said I still have it.

To make it short he did not like the movement as it was "printed" and one of the small screw has scratches.

He made a thread about it saying he gave me a week to reply over it but it was actually 2 days since he received the item. :(

He now wants 90$ be refunded now. I said I will refund 40$ as I don't want to be in the negative and also out a movement. :(

The admin guy sees this PM and hurriedly gave another ultimatum(24hrs) that I refund 90$ or else I wouldn't be able to sell anymore here.
I saw the PM like after 26hrs and I cannot reply to the PMs anymore, even to other members and also the Trade Section where the thread of the buyer is posted.
I first thought its a glitch, so I logged out and logged in, and after 6hrs figured it is what it is already.
They are still talking about me on PMs consisting of me, buyer and admin. And I cannot reply, I can only read it and they are talking about chargeback and all.

Here are my issues with this:

1. Okay I give up and ready to just refund the 90$ and get over this. But then what if he already filed chargeback? The paypal transaction is actually 200$, he bought other items other than the movement but seems he does not have problem with it, only the 90$ movement. I don't think he can chargeback only 90$? As he paid 200$, the credit card company will chargeback the whole transaction right?
This was sent via PP Gift anyway.
I cannot PM him anymore..

2. I just can't believe an admin is way over living in his head and was bias with the whole thing. First of all he insinuated that I might be making up stuff so he already suggested chargeback when the buyer didn't receive anything for 2 months. I told them this is also the first time it happened to me for a long time being here that the Post Office International shipping was closed because of a lockdown and its out of my control. A simple google will let them know it is REALLY happening here where I live. Not because its not happening there does not mean its not happening on the other side of the world.

3. I actually have buyers who are waiting a LOT MORE than this guy. What do I do now as I cannot reply to PMs anymore? I have shipped some, while some are still waiting. But fortunately for me the other buyers were very patient.

4. I never thought I'll have this problem for a 90$ movement being printed and not engraved and being crucified for it. I have sold and also bought items here in the 1k and above range. Even met some Asian members here as well.

They told me its a mortal sin here selling items that are not the one in the pics. He saw it was different A6497 because it has a different serial on the A6497 he received. Its both A6497, OPXI rep panerai movement. They were identical for me in person. Both running. Both looks the same.
What about other members doing the same, like selling VRF rolex movements, they post a pic but then have a bunch to sell, its technically breaking the forum rules too right?

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
I sold a movement to a member here and lockdown happened, world's longest lockdown.. Post Office international shipment was halted.

Atleast 2months passed and an admin was included in our PM and said as 2 months have passed and no tracking was given its time to do a chargeback and gave 48hrs ultimatum. Fortunately I was able to see that message and replied I'll just ship it within 24hrs so that chargeback won't happen. It will be via private couriers and so I shipped the item via UPS for 50$ (due to pandemic surcharges).

He said movement was printed (the engraving was printed), all I know is that it is either engraved or sticker is used. So I said it is engraved.
Its a Pam OP XI Movement A6497. Sold for 90$.
He contacted after the listing was posted for a while and the one pictured was already sold, but I have another so I said I still have it.

To make it short he did not like the movement as it was "printed" and one of the small screw has scratches.

He made a thread about it saying he gave me a week to reply over it but it was actually 2 days since he received the item. :(

He now wants 90$ be refunded now. I said I will refund 40$ as I don't want to be in the negative and also out a movement. :(

The admin guy sees this PM and hurriedly gave another ultimatum(24hrs) that I refund 90$ or else I wouldn't be able to sell anymore here.
I saw the PM like after 26hrs and I cannot reply to the PMs anymore, even to other members and also the Trade Section where the thread of the buyer is posted.
I first thought its a glitch, so I logged out and logged in, and after 6hrs figured it is what it is already.
They are still talking about me on PMs consisting of me, buyer and admin. And I cannot reply, I can only read it and they are talking about chargeback and all.

Here are my issues with this:

1. Okay I give up and ready to just refund the 90$ and get over this. But then what if he already filed chargeback? The paypal transaction is actually 200$, he bought other items other than the movement but seems he does not have problem with it, only the 90$ movement. I don't think he can chargeback only 90$? As he paid 200$, the credit card company will chargeback the whole transaction right?

2. I just can't believe an admin is way over living in his head and was bias with the whole thing. First of all he insinuated that I might be making up stuff so he already suggested chargeback when the buyer didn't receive anything for 2 months. I told them this is also the first time it happened to me for a long time being here that the Post Office International shipping was closed because of a lockdown and its out of my control. A simple google will let them know it is REALLY happening here where I live. Not because its not happening there does not mean its not happening on the other side of the world.

3. I actually have buyers who are waiting a LOT MORE than this guy. What do I do now as I cannot reply to PMs anymore? I have shipped some, while some are still waiting. But fortunately for me the other buyers were very patient.

4. I never thought I'll have this problem for a 90$ movement being printed and not engraved and being crucified for it. I have sold and also bought items here in the 1k and above range. Even met some Asian members here as well.

They told me its a mortal sin here selling items that are not the one in the pics. He saw it was different A6497 because it has a different serial on the A6497 he received. Its both A6497, OPXI rep panerai movement. They were identical for me in person. Both running. Both looks the same.
What about other members doing the same, like selling VRF rolex movements, they post a pic but then have a bunch to sell, its technically breaking the forum rules too right?

Perhaps you could screengrab a picture of 'the situation here' as your proof, rather than relying on 'look at google!!' in your defence.

If you stated you have a number of movements to sell, and they were of the pictured quality, that would be open and honest selling. Posting a picture of one movement and then sending another is 'bait and switch'.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
So, just to clarify, you didn’t send the buyer the movement pictured in your sales thread that he purchased but a movement you deemed to be similar?

”He contacted after the listing was posted for a while and the one pictured was already sold, but I have another so I said I still have it.“

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08
That's my mistake but figured as its the same OP XI Panerai Rep Movement it was okay. Its not like I shipped a rock.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08
Well I said what the situation was..

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
That's my mistake but figured as its the same OP XI Panerai Rep Movement it was okay. Its not like I shipped a rock.

Sending a different item than pictured in the sales thread without telling the buyer seems to me like an instant no-sale. You’re a 12 year member. You should understand that. Sending a rock would get you banned or brigged. I’d just take your spanking and keep your nose clean. Maybe you will get your privileges reinstated down the road.

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08
Sending a different item than pictured in the sales thread without telling the buyer seems to me like an instant no-sale. You’re a 12 year member. You should understand that. Sending a rock would get you banned or brigged. I’d just take your spanking and keep your nose clean. Maybe you will get your privileges reinstated down the road.
Yeah that's the plan, that's why I am open to refunding at my loss. I just cant PM the buyer. lol

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yeah that's the plan, that's why I am open to refunding at my loss. I just cant PM the buyer. lol

Tag the Staff member working the issue.

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08
You sent a different (inferior) movement to the one you advertised and pictured, you got caught, stop fucking moaning!
lol its the same A6497 OP XI rep pam movement, how can it be inferior.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
For those just tuning in: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-corona-virus
I see you made this thread to try and get some sympathy and I see you got none. :(

The ultimatum which was the second one in this whole ordeal was not given hurriedly. It was given after you tried to bypass me by trying work directly with the buyer. No moderator in their right might would allow that. The final ultimatum was given with superior admin approval. No, we're not talking about you, we're talking about the situation. Don't make yourself out to be a victim, as you can now see, no one is buying it.

Rick being his usual good member self saw this thread and did not begin the process. How does he have the capacity to give your misleading ass another chance? I have no idea. You can refund him the $90. But you're probably not losing your No Sale status, I'm not giving you another chance. You have his PayPal, refund him. What's stopping you now?

What bias dude? You got caught and you're trying to blame it on me. How about you explain how you supposedly shipped the items two months ago during this pandemic and you had tracking numbers for other packages you sent during this time but when I requested tracking info for Rick's package, you couldn't come up with it and asked for time? How about how easy it was for you to retrieve the package from the Post Office? I don't know about you, but if I pay for a package and ship it, the PO will not give it back to me. This all begun because we wanted a tracking number after two months. Nothing more. A simple google search is not proof when you showed us tracking information for other packages you sent but you couldn't deliver for Rick's package. That means that you did not have the package shipped.

All it takes is one slip up. A willingful slip up. Specially with your attitude.

See? So you agree that you posted ONE movement for sale but sent another one? There is no excuse, no matter how many you make. That is misleading and misinterpretation, in other words, a scam. Did you also forget to say that the movement Rick got was broken? He didn't care it was used. He wanted it to be engraved and working.
See here once again how he went out of his way to confirm that the movement you were selling was the movement HE wanted. He has stated repeatedly that if he knew that the movement was not engraved and in such poor condition, he would not had bought it. He did his through work before commiting, you lied to him, misled him.
PM.png
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

You still don't get it. At this point, you probably never will.

HE WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO CONFIRM THE MOVEMENT YOU WERE SELLING HIM WAS THE ONE THAT HAD THE THINGS HE REQUIRED! YOU STILL SENT HIM THE WRONG MOVEMENT!

And you thought that was okay!

How about I post a TC Franken Sub for $2,000, sell it to you and I send you a DHGate Sub?

They're the same type of watch, same model, it's not like I shipped a rock.

See how stupid that sounds?

The guy below say it best.

You sent a different (inferior) movement to the one you advertised and pictured, you got caught, stop fucking moaning!

Refund Rick and we can all move on.

Last edited:

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08
For those just tuning in: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-corona-virus
I see you made this thread to try and get some sympathy and I see you got none. :(

The ultimatum which was the second one in this whole ordeal was not given hurriedly. It was given after you tried to bypass me by trying work directly with the buyer. No moderator in their right might would allow that. The final ultimatum was given with superior admin approval. No, we're not talking about you, we're talking about the situation. Don't make yourself out to be a victim, as you can now see, no one is buying it.

Rick being his usual good member self saw this thread and did not begin the process. How does he have the capacity to give your misleading ass another chance? I have no idea. You can refund him the $90. But you're probably not losing your No Sale status, I'm not giving you another chance. You have his PayPal, refund him. What's stopping you now?

What bias dude? You got caught and you're trying to blame it on me. How about you explain how you supposedly shipped the items two months ago during this pandemic and you had tracking numbers for other packages you sent during this time but when I requested tracking info for Rick's package, you couldn't come up with it and asked for time? How about how easy it was for you to retrieve the package from the Post Office? I don't know about you, but if I pay for a package and ship it, the PO will not give it back to me. This all begun because we wanted a tracking number after two months. Nothing more. A simple google search is not proof when you showed us tracking information for other packages you sent but you couldn't deliver for Rick's package. That means that you did not have the package shipped.

All it takes is one slip up. A willingful slip up. Specially with your attitude.

See? So you agree that you posted ONE movement for sale but sent another one? There is no excuse, no matter how many you make. That is misleading and misinterpretation, in other words, a scam. Did you also forget to say that the movement Rick got was broken? He didn't care it was used. He wanted it to be engraved and working.
See here once again how he went out of his way to confirm that the movement you were selling was the movement HE wanted. He has stated repeatedly that if he knew that the movement was not engraved and in such poor condition, he would not had bought it. He did his through work before commiting, you lied to him, misled him.
PM.png
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

You still don't get it. At this point, you probably never will.

HE WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO CONFIRM THE MOVEMENT YOU WERE SELLING HIM WAS THE ONE THAT HAD THE THINGS HE REQUIRED! YOU STILL SENT HIM THE WRONG MOVEMENT!

And you thought that was okay!

How about I post a TC Franken Sub for $2,000, sell it to you and I send you a DHGate Sub?

They're the same type of watch, same model, it's not like I shipped a rock.

See how stupid that sounds?

The guy below say it best.

Refund Rick and we can all move on.
I'll be sending refund later tonight. Its morning here.
Thanks.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Just out of curiosity here , what do you think the reason is for having tagged pictures ?

some people just dont get it, its not rocket science.
the tagged picture is to show the item you are selling, not just a random picture , and then send another one.
its supposed to be, what you see is what you get!
If thats too complicated for you, then your not fit to be on this forum.
theres no ifs buts and maybe,simple as that.....