• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No sale access - clarification

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
So, he's not gonna answer anymore?

I'm kinda disappointed but not surprised that he hasn't answered to my cool accounting investigation.

Would have been cool to hear more of his excuses about how earning 110k per year gives him pleasure :thinking:

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
But they were overpriced by, say 30% - surely they'll take that hit at least, even if the base watch is solid.

Sales mods approved the sales, members here purchased the goods so how can you say they were overpriced?
admittedly its a grey area putting a cost on a piece when a stock watch is modded/frankened and resold, but our sales mods and some senior members here do a sterling job in making sure a sale is scrutinised before being approved.
Unless you’re accusing the mods of failing?

Reactions: loewenzahn

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Sales mods approved the sales, members here purchased the goods so how can you say they were overpriced?
admittedly its a grey area putting a cost on a piece when a stock watch is modded/frankened and resold, but our sales mods and some senior members here do a sterling job in making sure a sale is scrutinised before being approved.
Unless you’re accusing the mods of failing?

Have you read the thread? Particularly the bits where he charged $150 for reattaching the bracelet and $75 for scratching his bollocks? I'm not sure they'll quite hold their value, but time will tell.

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
Have you read the thread? Particularly the bits where he charged $150 for reattaching the bracelet and $75 for scratching his bollocks? I'm not sure they'll quite hold their value, but time will tell.

I have read the thread, but it seems a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has buggered off, I’m not defending the OP but he’s had a shedload of sales approved and it’s now you want to penalise the buyer.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I have read the thread, but it seems a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has buggered off, I’m not defending the OP but he’s had a shedload of sales approved and it’s now you want to penalise the buyer.
I would imagine the sale would be approved. (just a giess/assumption).

The thing is, the new owner (who purchased the watch on cj7) is going to list a watch for what they paid.

Potential Buyers might start saying "hmmm maybe it's a little overpriced. I don't want to pay that" and it could sit until the seller comes down a little.

Or... Rolexes usually sell so quickly thay people see one pop up and might rush to DM "I'll take it" and it will be a non issue.

But I think it's an interesting point and I'm willing to bet that the mods snd admin are already discussing/have discussed how to proceed on price when his pieces pop up.

They do a great job here of running this forum and also protecting the members so I'm sure, however they handle it will be fair for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickledbeetroot

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
As long as the watch is listed at or below the original price when purchased by the future seller, there should be no issue. It's always going to be up to what the buyer perceives as an acceptable price

Last edited:

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I'm willing to bet that the mods snd admin are already discussing/have discussed how to proceed on price when his pieces pop up.

you would be wrong
wondering "what do we do if a prior buyer from member "X" lists a watch how do we proceed based on the price??" is at the bottom of the list we are worried about at the moment.

Reactions: DD60 and Ams55557

Hazing

9/5/19
you would be wrong
wondering "what do we do if a prior buyer from member "X" lists a watch how do we proceed based on the price??" is at the bottom of the list we are worried about at the moment.

Don’t read too much into it. I’m mainly just trying to provide some cushion between ginger and Mr Pickle.

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
Quote Gingerbubba "Particularly the bits where he charged $150 for reattaching the bracelet and $75 for scratching his bollocks"

Great point. Maybe one should always include this in a price breakdown when selling one of those watches again..

Example :
​​​
- Watch $450
- Gen bracelet $350
- CR7 scratching his bollocks $75
- me scratching my arse after realizing it was pounded by CR7 - Free, included in price

Sorry guys, I know this is very very serious shit hitting the fan but I just couldn't resist.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Don't worry about me and Pickle, we're special friends.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
As long as the watch is listed at or below the original price when purchased by the future seller, there should be no issue. It's always going to be up to what the buyer perceives as an acceptable price

I agree with you. From what ive seen they're very good watches and should be pretty reliable beyond the lifetime of most off the shelf reps. Any potential seller will need to provide a link to the original sale and to what was done and what was paid so who knows, maybe the noriety around the op might keep the prices up

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I saw he had a lot of sales but >$100k! Thats a lot of beer tokens! Always wondered what a yoke is and how it costs $75 to calibrate. As other people have said, baring the bezel insert and crystal (which was changed in most sales) you align things when you put them back together...i do love a dramatic ending of multiple accounts and scams though!

Hazing

9/5/19
I agree with you. From what ive seen they're very good watches and should be pretty reliable beyond the lifetime of most off the shelf reps. Any potential seller will need to provide a link to the original sale and to what was done and what was paid so who knows, maybe the noriety around the op might keep the prices up
And Rolex models -especially modded pieces tend to go so quickly that it’s just a race to the finish and dm An “I’ll take it”. And CR really did generally stick to that sweet spot of about $1,000 which was even part of the problem. He’d take a $450 piece and pad it to $900 and it would sell, so I’m guessing a lot of them go. Quickly even.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
This thread is somehow loosing her purpose as I see it. End of the day they guy overcharged his work and made his description look appealing but he didn’t “scam “ he put a price to his work outside what’s the competition does and yet everyone wanted to pay...

This is the part I think it concerns us as a user, we should stick to it and reflect about it. This overcharged work is a scenario to the gen world to.

Your ego to have the 1:1 permits users like OP to keep doing what they do. I again believe that what’s to be learned and analyzed from this thread is:
Is it really worth to pay for this bs ( to me you can’t charge for assembly on a watch you performed service, because servicing it required the disassembly in the first place! And same applies to install the “gen movement parts &service”)

As for the guy not providing a valid I’d or whatever admins & mods asked its a problem. But again it’s a problem that reflects more the guys who are in the first line! If you want to contribute, please help us a community and the mods by politely point things you see wrong in a sale thread...
This way you prevent users like op not having a “business “ or profiting on this new around the forum or modding

Ps: this is a complete personal reflection.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
டெர்ரி தனது சொந்த வேலைகளைச் செய்கிறார், ஆனால் மிகவும் குறும்புக்காரர்

Interesting . . .