No announcement yet.

Favorite Replica in your Collection ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This stunner would look right at home in the window of the local vintage watch dealer.

JF base?

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post

I think my fave has to be this Franken 16610 - Tritium dial with spider web effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oris; 14-02-20, 05:30.
    SUBMARINER
    660ft=200m
    SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER
    OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED

WTB: TC LV, V6 or V7 - let me know if you're selling

Comment

A is my favorite. It shows exactly what I would want from a mechanical watch, i.e. full calendar plus power reserve. But it has some mechanical quirk, so close seconds are B & C

Comment

Originally posted by museguy View Post
        Beautiful watch ! What factory was the base watch ?
        Hi museguyOris the base watch is JF. The JF needed refinement tho; so I sent it to tripdog for shaping and finishing. But (IMO) the JF case is a better overall shape than the TC (which is the base of my other Franken 16610).

Countess Koscowicz Yes, the dial is gen. And it’s what makes this the number 1 watch in my collection. So you don’t have to eat your hat (damn, that would take some eating too...),
        Last edited by p0pperini; 14-02-20, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by museguy View Post
          ​​​Hi NCRich
          How are you ?

I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your photos. May I ask which is your favorite replica watch ?

I am becoming more interested in vintage replicas. Cheers.
          I have too many to have a favorite. I would say these come close.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Originally posted by NCRich View Post
            It's very interesting to see you pick your own favourites Rich, given the number of watches you must own, and how many of them are your own excellent work.

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
              It's very interesting to see you pick your own favourites Rich, given the number of watches you must own, and how many of them are your own excellent work.
              LOL, yeah. Subs are too run of the mill for me to pick as a fav. Most watches I would pick as a fav have some back story as to the things I learned building them. Learning to use a gen dial on a DJ, creating dials from decals, in the case of the Omega just the first watch I ever built. So these two as well, simply by being ones I learned the most on.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Originally posted by Oris View Post
                Favorite tends to be an evolving thing, but this Sub gets a lot of love at the moment:

This old girl would have to rate an enduring 'honorable mention'.

Dear Oris

Thank you for sharing !
                ​​​​​​​
                Please tell more about the Blue Prince Oyster Date, what factory ? Did the watch come with that crystal ?

Plus more about the sub, factory ? Franken ?

Cheers !

Comment

Tudor Submariner 79090

Comment

Originally posted by r0b9502 View Post
                    A is my favorite. It shows exactly what I would want from a mechanical watch, i.e. full calendar plus power reserve. But it has some mechanical quirk, so close seconds are B & C

Dear r0b9502 ,

Thank you for sharing ! More information please, what factory is the IWC ? What factory is the Rolex Chronograph ?

Cheers

Comment

Oris love your Tudor Sub !

Comment

Thank you All !!

This thread is turning into all that I wished for, I am learning from the experts and very appreciative of everyone sharing your knowledge.

Cheers.

Comment

not the best tudor 79090 rep, but it's all stock and just $228 so quite a watch for such little money.

Comment

LOL, yeah. Subs are too run of the mill for me to pick as a fav. Most watches I would pick as a fav have some back story as to the things I learned building them. Learning to use a gen dial on a DJ, creating dials from decals, in the case of the Omega just the first watch I ever built. So these two as well, simply by being ones I learned the most on.

Wow NCRich

You are a master, very appreciative of you sharing your favorites !

Is there a thread of the Omega build ? Can you tell me more about the Omega base watch ?

Thank you.

P.S. Damn that Omega is beautiful !!
                            Last edited by museguy; 14-02-20, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by TudorGstaad View Post

not the best tudor 79090 rep, but it's all stock and just $228 so quite a watch for such little money.
                              Hi TudorGstaad

Thank you for sharing, what factory is the Tudor 79090 ?

Cheers

Comment

Dear NCRich

Do you have build threads for the watches ?

Please share more information about the base watches. Wow, am I impressed.

​​​​​​​Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X