• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands

Kuumpirukas

Horology Curious
10/12/19
How is everyones experience with them? Im looking for something under 500$ with modest looks (36-40mm) , sapphire, automatic, lume.

I was seriously considering san martin but indices/hands lume difference has put me off ATM.

Looking forward to suggestions and other interesting examples/experiences with these brands brands.

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
do you follow Just One More Watch (JOMW)? He covers a lot of microbrands

Kuumpirukas

Horology Curious
10/12/19
Thanks for the tip. Their precista seems something right up my alley.

Maybe someone here has personal experiences with these? Which one do you own BTW?

rred5

5/10/19
Lorier (own this), Nordus, Traska. Watch Teddy Baldassarre on YT -- he reviews a lot of mirco-brands

Last edited:

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Are you looking for a dress watch, a diver or something different? I really like the Straton pieces and they have both automatic and quartz versions of most watches depending on what price point you want to hit. Visitor makes some interesting models (I have the Duneshore and Vale Park Officer) and Direnzo just announced a new diver that will be live on Kickstarter here pretty soon: https://www.direnzowatches.com/. The DR-02 is a killer watch. Pancor also just came out with a new diver that's pretty budget friendly.

I'd encourage you to check out the microbrand Facebook pages that are out there for photos and lists of brands (whatever you do, don't talk about Spinnaker haha) -- there's plenty of options that appeal to a myriad of selection criteria.

Kuumpirukas

Horology Curious
10/12/19
I'm looking for a practical allrounder : field/pilot watch shape with light colored dial (not too busy) would be perfect.

think timex expedition midsize or seiko snk803 only less sporty.