• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tom Ford replica suit.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Hi guys sorry been quite busy just waiting on the embroider to finish the label and all will be done, Tuesday was abit optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
Any luck?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
You'll probably find that TF is inspired by MD - the latter is a fairly classical Italian style and always has been.

Pardon?! I'm quite sure Tom Ford doesn't draw any of his inspiration from Massimo Dutti. :giggle: It's a Spanish brand that has nothing to do with anything/anyone Italian.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Pardon?! I'm quite sure Tom Ford doesn't draw any of his inspiration from Massimo Dutti. :giggle: It's a Spanish brand that has nothing to do with anything/anyone Italian.

That was the point i was making. You just didnt see the irony. TF knows luxury like few others, but theres little original about his style which is ripped off.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
Don’t have that many suits. Probably only 7. Of which all were made to measure. I highly doubt any person would make a true bespoke suit for anything less than 5k. True bespoke suits aren’t a 5-7 day affair. They take 12-24 months to complete as all of the stitching are done by hand. And the fabric design can be customized. OTR suits at TF aren’t bespoke either imho.

I do own a pair which is TF’s style. But only because it suits my personality. If not, I would generally prefer the British/Italian cut of suits. I don’t really see TF’s style of suits having a long lasting classic factor like a two button navy suit in a British or Italian style. As for full canvas, you will be hard pressed to find anyone doing that properly below $5k which is truely tailored to you.

unlike the stitching details, a good suit to me is all about the fit, that’s 80-90% of whether it’s good. The smallest details usually come at an exponential premium.

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
I don’t care about brand labels. I’d rather buy a lesser known brand with the right cut and fabric than a replica suit (I don’t believe rep suits would be well-made)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

MrX

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/10/19
Don't even consider this, the best suits in the world come with labels that are very hard to find, I have all my suits from Henry herbert or from maurice Sedwell on the row now and you wouldn't know other than the subtle differences.

Honestly, this order:
1. pay off the peg but find a manufacturer with best fit for you.
2. As above but with alterations.
3. Made to measure online.
4. Made to measure in person.
5. Bespoke.
6. Bespoke from the row.

Getting a rep wallet or handbag is one thing but a suit is just a disaster waiting to happen - and who sees the label inside?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk