• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does it worth? Longines rep

malisimo

Renowned Member
29/8/15
The answer is... yes, absolutelly.
A Longines rep? For the 25% price of the gen is a bargain. Quality construction is amazing, stuning ar, water proof, great accuracy...
The only thin to improve is the lume.
There are a couple of pictures.
61f169f3d64ce3cc85363d8a323f31ea.jpg
17ae6fc0f90ee3d1039cb3fa0b86d5f8.jpg
3ac740cdf5f445a2e20c479af2ab6afe.jpg
2b5733a56f55cae6fa14750727285070.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
nice :)

I have read that also the gens do not have great lume so maybe is not that bad

freesoyu

Horology Curious
6/2/15
Much cheapter than gen, but nice as same as gen!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

blueyesdevil

Looking Around
11/7/19
Very nice. I have been interested in this model for a while now. Do you know how it compares to GEN? What are the flaws?

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
Why would one buy a rep if it costs 25% of the price of the original ? Especially given the fact reps are a bit of a lottery - will it still work two months later ??

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

malisimo

Renowned Member
29/8/15
Why would one buy a rep if it costs 25% of the price of the original ? Especially given the fact reps are a bit of a lottery - will it still work two months later ??

Because you save 75%???

And because this one is more consequent with my economic level and way of life. I´ll never buy a rep that I can´t afford buy the gen.

Last edited:

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
Because you save 75%???

And because this one is more consequent with my economic level and way of life. I´ll never buy a rep that I can´t afford buy the gen.

I don’t buy reps I couldn’t afford either.

You save 75% that’s obvious but reps being what they are there’s a real risk that it will have broken down within the year and then you’ll have lost 25%. Also, outside of the circle of rep geeks, reps are basically considered worthless.

If you buy a Longines gen your will pay more ... initially, but if you look and wait long enough you can buy it with enough discount so you don’t lose money at all when reselling, and normally no quality issues.

Personally, at the Longines price bracket, I’d rather pay 80% for a good used gen than 25% for a replica. I’ve had too much shit with replica’s already (and all were the so-called better quality reps).

malisimo

Renowned Member
29/8/15

You save 75% that’s obvious but reps being what they are there’s a real risk that it will have broken down within the year and then you’ll have lost 25%. Also, outside of the circle of rep geeks, reps are basically considered worthless.

If you buy a Longines gen your will pay more ... initially, but if you look and wait long enough you can buy it with enough discount so you don’t lose money at all when reselling, and normally no quality issues.

Personally, at the Longines price bracket, I’d rather pay 80% for a good used gen than 25% for a replica. I’ve had too much shit with replica’s already (and all were the so-called better quality reps).

I almost agree, but... if you buy a gen Longines and get bored of it, if you sell it one year later, you´ll lost the same 25% of the initial price. So the rep is amortized at the first year.

GeorgianCrusader.885CE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/20
Dzveli Aryavurt

Couldn't agree more mate