• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Perfect Clones/Joshua asking for personal details - normal?

b3li3v3r

Looking Around
15/1/19
I bought a watch from Joshua/Perfect Clones at https://www.pf-838.com and I've been asked today for my name, date of birth and address as part of "due diligence checks" for Joshua to comply with bank checks. Is this normal? I paid by bank transfer so he has my bank account number/sort code. I don't feel comfortable handing my personal details because these could be used to get into my account.

Has anyone else had to do this? Thoughts?

Thanks

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
PC is not a TD here. I'd tell him to have the bank contact your bank if they require additional information but I am at a total loss as to why the bank would require it.
Try calling your bank and seeing what they say.

Time_Keeper

Horology Curious
4/1/19
I would never give personal details like those out! If you’ve transferred the money directly into his account what is there to check? If the payment was going to be blocked it would have been on your end, not once it’s reached a Chinese account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: b3li3v3r

jasemh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/16
uk
I would never give personal details like those out! If you’ve transferred the money directly into his account what is there to check? If the payment was going to be blocked it would have been on your end, not once it’s reached a Chinese account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t give out your personal details , they shouldn’t need it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: b3li3v3r