• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cleaning our watches

Wunderpus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/18
All,

What have you found to be the best and safest way to clean our reps? Obviously sweat, dirt and other grime builds up over time, and we'd like to safely remove it... What has worked best for everyone?

Reactions: nest1

The_Estimator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/18
I always thought some soap and water would be just fine. Are there special product that can be used to get a “deeper” clean?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hand soap and water, toothbrush in the crevasses, bracelet in an ultrasonic cleaner occasionally. Usually hand soap and water is enough.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Throw mine in the dishwasher!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Throw mine in the dishwasher!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

The whole watch ?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I found the best result is the eco program, 4h at 90°C and 1,200rev spin right after. I then hang it outside to dry a little in the sun, which helps adding that lovely patina on the dial and lume.

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
I soak in Palmolive sensitive dish soap and warm water for about 5 min then scrub with soft bristle toothbrush and rinse with cold water. Air dries on paper towel and buff with soft cloth for water spots. Works like a charm. Cape cod for light case polishing when needed. Wrist sweat for lubing bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
If it is one of my Waterproof watches (I waterproof all my divers gen and my 1st rep I just got) and just rinse it in warm water and use a little soap if necessary.

Time_Keeper

Horology Curious
4/1/19
Warm soapy water, soft brush, cotton bud to get into tight spaces. Dry with micro fibre cloth, jewellery cleaning spray which adds a nice shine and another wipe over with the cloth.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
1. Remove band
2. Band in the ultrasonic cleaner
3. Dip soft and clean toothbrush into mild dish soap and warm water mixture, or preferred substitute.
4. Minding water resistance, Clean watch head between the lugs and as required.
5. Minding water resistance, Rinse with soft and clean toothbrush and clean warm water.
6. Rinse cleaned band in clean, warm water.
7. Allow to dry
8. Check screws, or pins/collars
9. Replace band

Reactions: leo6929

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Bracelet removed, an ultrasonic run through, replace cleaning solution, quick brush with a tooth brush (with the new solution) and another ultrasonic run. occasionally, a quick polish on the crystal with toothpaste and a microfiber cloth to "clean" up the crystal at the same time.