• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AR Factory - SD43 - Bezel Tightening

CatMoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
27/8/18
Miami, FL
Is there a way to make the bezel rotation stiffer? Every time I bump up against something the bezel rotates a little and then requires a full spin to set it strait.

6f41982c11526c9f2f932b61a70ef3a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Lengthen the tension springs under the bezel, or raise them up inside their holes thus increasing their tension.

Reactions: vcappp and XpanzerX

CatMoop

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
27/8/18
Miami, FL
Lengthen the tension springs under the bezel, or raise them up inside their holes thus increasing their tension.

Do you use the same springs for this? Just pull them to lengthen?? Or purchase longer springs?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Do you use the same springs for this? Just pull them to lengthen?? Or purchase longer springs?

You'll have a hard time trying to find springs in the exact right dimensions, just pull carefully and gently on the springs you have, or pack them up with rubber gromets/washers.

Reactions: vcappp

CatMoop

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
27/8/18
Miami, FL
Thanks guys, i ended up pulling off the bezel myself. I removed the springs with a tweazer, gently pulled them to give additional tension and re-inserted them. The trickiest part was to re-install the bezel which has a white plastic ring. It's very challanging to get the white ring back into the bezel before pushing it back onto the face of the watch. I forgot to take photos :-/

Reactions: vcappp

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Thanks guys, i ended up pulling off the bezel myself. I removed the springs with a tweazer, gently pulled them to give additional tension and re-inserted them. The trickiest part was to re-install the bezel which has a white plastic ring. It's very challanging to get the white ring back into the bezel before pushing it back onto the face of the watch. I forgot to take photos :-/
Did it make any noticeable difference on the stiffness of the bezel?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Hmmm, may have to try this, did you stretch all the springs? Theres 4, I known3 have the little ball bearing thing on top and the 4th looks a little different

CatMoop

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
27/8/18
Miami, FL
Hmmm, may have to try this, did you stretch all the springs? Theres 4, I known3 have the little ball bearing thing on top and the 4th looks a little different

Yes. I believe there are four springs. Three with the small ball bearings and one with the "click" mechanism. The click mechanism needs to be placed with the correct orientation to fit back into the hole.

Again the toughest part is getting the white ring back into the bezel. For this I found placing the bezel face down on a flat surface and using the surface to guide the ring worked best. Each times it's taken be at least 15 minutes of fidgeting to get the ring back in place.

Reactions: Minho80

Tankcom78

Horology Curious
6/10/18
Yes. I believe there are four springs. Three with the small ball bearings and one with the "click" mechanism. The click mechanism needs to be placed with the correct orientation to fit back into the hole.

Again the toughest part is getting the white ring back into the bezel. For this I found placing the bezel face down on a flat surface and using the surface to guide the ring worked best. Each times it's taken be at least 15 minutes of fidgeting to get the ring back in place.

Hey Cooper, if you were to guess, would you be able to estimate the length added for it to do the trick. I’m thinking of adding something to the holes to build them up a little. I’m thinking that can be more uniform rather than pulling on the springs individually, unless you think that it’s not a big deal.
If I stretch them a bit unevenly I’d fear the bezel would be on an angle once reinstalled. This bezel is a bit loose and I catch it at the 58 min mark daily

CatMoop

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
27/8/18
Miami, FL
Hey Cooper, if you were to guess, would you be able to estimate the length added for it to do the trick. I’m thinking of adding something to the holes to build them up a little. I’m thinking that can be more uniform rather than pulling on the springs individually, unless you think that it’s not a big deal.
If I stretch them a bit unevenly I’d fear the bezel would be on an angle once reinstalled. This bezel is a bit loose and I catch it at the 58 min mark daily

It's tough to say the exact amount needed to raise. I would think only a few mm. I don't think stretching the springs will cause the bezel to be uneven, however I don't think it's a permanent fix. I stretched the springs last week and the bezel is already getting bumped and moving again .

It would be great to know what springs would solve the problem. Maybe I'll be the test pilot and try ordering some from the German website. I am concerned that all of the removing and reinstalling the bezel will eventually break the flimsy plastic washer holding the bezel on.

Reactions: Tankcom78

kosemkamtsan

7/10/07
I broke many plastic hytrel rings doing this, as removing the bezel causes the ring to stretch and lengthen. The more you remove it and reinstall it, the worse the ring gets. Be very gentle, but if you do break it, you will have to insert it broken to see how much to cut off to make it fill the space perfectly. The bezel can be reinserted very securely even with a broken ring, as long as the surfaces of the ring are all smooth and rounded in the space. It just needs to be done with great care and patience. I’ve literally spent many nights on this problem with multiple Rolex and Tudor variants. It’s a huge pain but the tightening helps a lot if you can figure it all out. I ended up having to get a bag of rings made for a Tudor, and while it’s not a correct fit, I’ve cut it and worked it into my arf 126600 and it does the job. Let me know via pm if you run into problems as I’ve been down this road enough to likely help in some way.

Artvicious

Looking Around
13/2/19
my bezel is kinda rocking back and forth by pressing it, i guess the bezel innner diameter is slightly bigger the glass.

charmandad

12/2/19
There are some posts about fixing this problem, basicly just pop the bezel, and fit some tape kind of stuff below it.

Omega703

16/2/19

On one of my breitlings, I had that white ring actually eject itself from underneath the bezel and it came out the side. It seemed almost like Teflon in texture. Now the bezel is super loose. Anyone know where I can get another one of these plastic rings?