• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Letter from lawyer company, help please

ElderG

Looking Around
13/2/18
Assume the letter is "legit" from the lawyer - by the time you made your purchase on DHG there is no logo no nothing on the photos.

One assumption is that this "lawyer" is trying to fish you, if you respond the mail then you open a can of worm - they will keep bugging you and try to prove you intentionally made the purchase - then you have to face the consequences in your country - depends on the regulation that could be vary from fines to court.

Of course this "lawyer" could be scammer as well

To keep your life simple, just ignore the mail

Hope that makes sense to you

c0okie

18/7/15
Assume the letter is "legit" from the lawyer - by the time you made your purchase on DHG there is no logo no nothing on the photos.

One assumption is that this "lawyer" is trying to fish you, if you respond the mail then you open a can of worm - they will keep bugging you and try to prove you intentionally made the purchase - then you have to face the consequences in your country - depends on the regulation that could be vary from fines to court.

Of course this "lawyer" could be scammer as well

To keep your life simple, just ignore the mail

Hope that makes sense to you

Many thanks for the advice. Makes sense to me..

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
Well even if it’s legitimate , and it’s really Lawyers reprsenting the brands, you don’t need to respond at all. That’s my experience anyway, it works for me but well, it’s still your call. In my case, it happened a few times and I’ve never bother to respond even after they send me 2nd and 3rd letter with all the usual legal threats and stuffs.... but they generally do it to deter and they no it’s no point .... they will know as an individual consumer they have nothing to gain financially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c0okie

18/7/15
Well even if it’s legitimate , and it’s really Lawyers reprsenting the brands, you don’t need to respond at all. That’s my experience anyway, it works for me but well, it’s still your call. In my case, it happened a few times and I’ve never bother to respond even after they send me 2nd and 3rd letter with all the usual legal threats and stuffs.... but they generally do it to deter and they no it’s no point .... they will know as an individual consumer they have nothing to gain financially

Thanks for sharing your experience.
In the meanwhile I got a letter from the local postal service in which they said they will destroy the items.
No further claims or threats were made.

Reactions: electric

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I would say that the boxes were simply destroyed by Customs. Singapore Post will be safer - everything coming out of china is considered suspicious.

Is that because of recent events or just always? I’m super sketch ATM with ordering because of this alleged increase customs bs.