• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problems fitting rubber strap to noob Daytona panda

merlinp6619

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Hi

I’ve got a Panda Daytona which I picked up from supermirrors last year and I decided I wanted to put a rubberb rubber strap on it.

As you may know they are quite pricey and designed for the watch.

The issue I’m having is the strap will ping off super easily making it unwearable

I thought that maybe it was the spring bars and so bought a set of Everest ones which are quite good quality. Could it be that the holes in the lugs are not quite as deep as they are meant to be. One side of the face seems to be worse than the other, but we are talking about a light pull on either rubber strap and it will ping straight off.

Any advice appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18
Try first the springbar alone, without bracelet/rubber, than if it works, you probably should push the final part of the springbar towards the lug once you istall them together.
Also make sure the springbar is perfectly in the centre of the rubber

Last edited:

merlinp6619

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Thanks a lot on closer inspection where the watch is under tension I need to force the bars to fully extend on one side wasn’t fully seated or central
efa0d6c4e9afa91aaa0e0f917be65441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18
That's right, unfortunately the Rubber fills all the space and it's hard to see how and where the springbar is positioned...
Glad you sorted it out :)