• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OM JLC Master triple date Moon review

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Just arrived today from Andrew at Trusty.

This is an interesting watch. A rep needs to be two things for me. First it must be a great watch, then it needs to be at least a good rep, even better if it is a great rep, which this one by a small detail misses being, more of that later.

The watch is great. when it arrived I took it straight to my watch smith, I had to go there anyway . He popped the movement out and had a good look. Great work he says. Nicely built clean and well lubed. The module is an exact copy of a Dubois Depraz triple date Moon module. So it is a well designed 59 tooth moon phase with day, month and hand date (unfortunately also 24 hr dial at 6 o clock more about that later)
Incidentally, one of the usual moans about the Miyota 9015 is the noisy rotor. This is due to the fact that it winds only in one direction. In itself this is one of the reasons it is so reliable and will probably out live most of its owners. However if well lubed it isn't a big problem.

Why is it a great watch?

The case is beautifully made and superbly finished as is the dial.
The hands are perfect and the CP is capped
The triple date functions work perfectly as does the date and moon.
It has a bullet proof and beautifully finished movement with a well designed and executed complication module.

If you want a great watch which will not be a time bomb this is it. the Miyota 9015 is bullet proof and infinitely serviceable The triple date module will give you no trouble. It is intrinsically a very well proven and reliable design and it is cleanly put together using very well finished parts.

The watch looks amazing and is a joy to wear.

It is 39mm and 12 mm thick. Lug size is 20mm

As a rep it falls a little short of perfection

In every way it is a super rep except for the following shortcomings

The rehaut is about 0.7mm too deep. The reason for this is JLCs obsession with slimness dictates that their CPs are very short allowing for a very shallow rehaut . This is not possible with the taller hand stack of the Miyota 9015 after the module has been added dial side. It has been extended to accomodate the hand date.
This alone is barely detectable.

The dial, fonts hands etc are super rep standard.

The problem which stops this being a super rep is that the small seconds at 6, although faithfully marked as seconds are in fact a 24 hour dial.

This is an instant tell as the second hand appears stationary.

I love the watch and will wear it. Mostly because it is truly a great watch and by any standards extremely good value for money.

43181687465_f08be684f1_b.jpg

29150722937_4c28124d56_b.jpg

44088339651_16f5d0ca05_b.jpg

44088310221_a2c486a309_b.jpg

Last edited:

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
So there’s no second hand?

Not even a small one.

I looked at the watch first and as Bob Dylan said;

This place ain’t doing me any good
I’m in the wrong town, I should be in Hollywood
Just for a second there I thought I saw something move

(Things have Changed)

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Not even a small one.

I looked at the watch first and as Bob Dylan said;

This place ain’t doing me any good
I’m in the wrong town, I should be in Hollywood
Just for a second there I thought I saw something move

(Things have Changed)

I saw him live this week and he opened with that track!

the lack of seconds hand kills it for me unfortunately

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
Ha, so the seconds hand is a 24 hr hand instead.

Bizarre.

Then again, I have seen stranger things.

Reactions: vcappp

JLCgeo

Known Member
30/8/17
EU
Thanks for the nice review.
Beautiful watch, that's a pity for the wrong second/24h dial ... it was almost perfect !

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17
timnic54 Whi did you order the watch through? I’ve tried ordering at Toro and he says it will be a week or 2 until he’s able to get it

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
timnic54 - thanks for the great review!

I'm contemplating buying this watch, if the small seconds were functional it would be a no-brainer.
What say you, as a rep veteran:

1. OM JLC Master triple date
2. ZF JLC Master moon
3. OMF Blancpain Villeret triple date

The BP has the same functions as the JLC triple date, but with central hands and radial date. I'm not sure how I feel about that layout.
I'd love to hear your opinion!