• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
I'm very confused. I can't find a gen with RG and white face - it's all beige. Is it just me? Intime seems to have a ZF in RG with ivory dial that looks like a good match to gen?

Edit - interesting that there seems to be a new version with unnamed factory available for $278.

Last edited:

wojtek27

Looking Around
8/11/19
tdx18 Did you manage to make some pictures? Was looking into buying the same version and dial! (Also heard that the ZF is better dial-wise and GF V2 moonphase-wise). Thanks in advance!

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
tdx18 Did you manage to make some pictures? Was looking into buying the same version and dial! (Also heard that the ZF is better dial-wise and GF V2 moonphase-wise). Thanks in advance!

I didn't manage so far, but I did it just right now. Sorry, workload has been huge this week & weekend.

Here's a couple of shots, but please mind me not being a great photographer. Take a look at the moon at some angles. It's really great! Sunburst's nice as well, especially when in natural or direct sunlight. These pics are taken with laboratory lights - so not the best there is for representative intents.

Let me know if you'd like another angles or anything other than shots of the dial.

Reactions: Nivka

wojtek27

Looking Around
8/11/19
tdx18 Thanks for the quick reply, very much appreciated! The pictures of the watch and the watch itself looks amazing for me. If you do not mind me asking; how is the spiral engraving in the moonphase and do you have a picture of the open caseback for me? Besides the positives, have you noticed any negatives? If someone else could step-in to judge this photos that would be nice, a second opinion is always very much appreciated.

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
tdx18 Thanks for the quick reply, very much appreciated! The pictures of the watch and the watch itself looks amazing for me. If you do not mind me asking; how is the spiral engraving in the moonphase and do you have a picture of the open caseback for me? Besides the positives, have you noticed any negatives? If someone else could step-in to judge this photos that would be nice, a second opinion is always very much appreciated.

Regarding the spiral engraving, see following picture. Please be aware: This is x25 (optical, loupe) + x2 digital zoom. Caseback attached, too.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok just got through all 123 pages of this thread. I still have no clear answer as to people's opinions on the ZF versus GF.

I see all of the QC issues that people experienced with the early ZFs.

Someone posted a pic of the ZF and GF side by side but not a real comparison was done.

Please let me know your thoughts on ZF versus GF for this piece.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Should I start a new post requesting that someone make the review side by side of the GF and ZF?

I know someone has both out there...

Reactions: Razorig2

kombazz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/14
Regarding the spiral engraving, see following picture. Please be aware: This is x25 (optical, loupe) + x2 digital zoom. Caseback attached, too.

GF is better at all, but the movement bridge mounting screw sucks, the rotor mounting screws should be flat head, not round head screws.
I robbed all screw from ZF, now everything is perfect ^^

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Razorig2

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Just ordered mine.. A GF V2.. :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Stainless. I ask because I also wanted a GF v2, but in rose gold, which is out of stock.

Yes Stainless. I try to stay away from rose gold for reps (even if I really like it).

Really curious about this GF V2, the pictures that a member posted on another thread convinced me, watch looks really nice.
Too many QC issues with ZF, and watch does not seem much better than GF V2 ...

Sent from the RWI App

snowflakehands

Looking Around
6/12/19
Now that folks have had these in hand for a while, can anyone comment on how their rose gold version is holding up?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Placed my order for a GF V2 a few days ago... will update this thread with some pictures once it arrives so you can compare it to the ZF.

Also I want to order a strap for this... I've read the entire thread... 21 mm curved... 18mm at the buckle...

I want to order a CF strap https://www.camillefournet.com/en

Thinnest they can make out of Aligator is 3mm.... is that too thick for the deployment clasp? As the gen is quite thin (2mm I think) and I imagine the rep strap is thin too.

Last edited: