• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF IWC Portuguese 7days (white dial) - Review and Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Good news everyone!

Some days ago, I received my IWC Portuguese 7days from Lucy. She did a great job on quality control, highly recommend her service! Date window is spot on, alignment of markers of great and it keeps good time. Also didn't expect the power reserve of over 70 hours, great job on that movement by ZF. The hands anr markers of the watch are executed nicely with some tiiiny scratches or uneven surfaces of the blue paint here and there - absolutely invisible without a mignifying glass though. Brushed and polished surfaces look good, the clasp is also done well. Prints on the dials have minor imperfections and aren't 3D like a gen IWC, but the text is raised enough to have a shine on the slight bevel on the side that's hit by a light. Can only recommend that timepiece, if you're into this particular model. Strap is low quality of course, but then again: the real strap costs as much as the replica watch. I'll probably get a blue Camille Fournet and call it a day...

Enough talking - here are some pictures of this beauty! :thumbsup:

ernmeister84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/19

Looks great!
I am enjoying my one too.
didnt like the straps, so I ordered black alligator strap from
Jacob Straps.
the strap is absolutely another level.

• Love
Reactions: hendric

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
Congrats on this very nice watch!
If you want to put this rep to the next level, you could think about fitting a gen dial in the watch (I just put a gen IWC dial in the sales section sone days ago).

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW

Looks great!
Jacob Straps.

Is that Jacob strap curved? Do we really need a curved strap for this watch, or can a straight lug one fit.

ernmeister84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/19
Is that Jacob strap curved? Do we really need a curved strap for this watch, or can a straight lug one fit.

Straps are flat. However, the spring bar is curved.
its a little bit tight when you put straps on watch but it will settle down nicely as its a leather.
hope that help you. Cheers.

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Straps are flat. However, the spring bar is curved.
its a little bit tight when you put straps on watch but it will settle down nicely as its a leather.
hope that help you. Cheers.
Thanks and the lug width is 22mm, right?

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Really nice review and I like those closeup photos.

I’ve never looked at IWC that closely before. What is the diameter of the watch? 40mm?

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW

Looks great!
Jacob Straps.

Are these still available? How long ago did you buy this? I am thinking, if Lucy can get it then any other TD should be able to get it.

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
What is the size at the buckle? Also, 22mm, or is it tapered?
And does it wear big? As 42mm is kind of my limit. How for example does it compare to an Omega Seamaster 300?

To be honest, due to the white dial and no rehaut, the watch looks huge on my wrist.

Forgot to mention: the strap is tapered, 22mm/18mm.

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
What is the size at the buckle? Also, 22mm, or is it tapered?
And does it wear big? As 42mm is kind of my limit. How for example does it compare to an Omega Seamaster 300?

I had this one and still have the seamaster 300. The IWC wears bigger and it is thicker too. It is a really nice watch. For me, it was a bit more dressy than I liked and a bit bigger than what I like. My wrist is 7 3/8" and it wasn't too big, but for my tastes it was just a bit much.

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Beautiful. Your datewheé looks well centered. Enjoy

Unlike the one on IWC's website. Seems like watches rejected in QC get used for photo shootings... :poster_oops:

7PkJs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: danielricky

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Excellent watch! How does one get in touch with this Lucy?