• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZZF release IWC Aquatimer IW376702?

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Wow! A potential super-rep ootb! I think I have to add an Aquatimer to my pilots family.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Except for the AP ROO, every replica rubber strap I have in my collection did spontaneously break at some point in time. You name the brand: Porsche, Oris, B&R, Bvlgari, Hublot, Corum, Baume et Mercier, and IWC. What all these rubber straps had in common was some kind of embossed details on it, like brand names, logos, decorative holes, anti-sweat patterns, etc. The AT2009 rubber strap has a lot of these details on its interior surface (the diamond-like pattern), probably meant as an anti-sweat feature.
Both my AT2009 (chrono and auto) had to be modified and adapted to receive NATO straps because their rubber straps failed. I wonder if this new release also is doomed to become a paperweitght in the near future because of a poor quality rubber.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
From what I have seen on the video, the quick release from the strap look kinda cheap (but again, I don't see why you would use it unless they release the full bracelet for it later.. Gen one are going for over $1k) The bezel click isn't as smooth as gen (it's a higher "pitch" clic than gen) and the brushing on the side doesn't look as well done as the gen.

Overal tought, I will get one. I regret deeply selling my gen and couldn't find one near the price I got it at that time. And it look MUCH better than the old rep.

Last edited:

Less

30/9/18
DE
From what I have seen on the video, the quick release from the strap look kinda cheap (but again, I don't see why you would use it unless they release the full bracelet for it later.. Gen one are going for over $1k) The bezel click isn't as smooth as gen (it's a higher "pitch" clic than gen) and the brushing on the side doesn't look as well done as the gen.

Overal tought, I will get one. I regret deeply selling my gen and couldn't find one near the price I got it at that time. And it look MUCH better than the old rep.

Please let us know and give us a review. :)

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
So where is the problem? Every rep strap is crap. Just buy a gen strap and it's fine.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
So where is the problem? Every rep strap is crap. Just buy a gen strap and it's fine.

This is special strap, not use regular spring bar
Even you buy the gen strap may not fit in.
and plus this watch is old model. May not easy to source the gen strap.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Every AD can order it for you.

ksaander

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
29/4/10
EU
Every AD can order it for you.

But will gen strap fit it? This is the nicest aquatimer from IWC (followed by 2007 Cousteau/slevin)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Going to try to wait until a better movement comes along. The miyota can be terrifyingly loud. This looks like a super rep to me, but a full review is in order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

I hope they have Bracelet with Gen Sample..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Would love a rep bracelet. Tried to find one when I had the gen, but gen were well over $800.

I ordered mine. waiting game now.

Less

30/9/18
DE
Would love a rep bracelet. Tried to find one when I had the gen, but gen were well over $800.

I ordered mine. waiting game now.

Yay! Please, post pictures when you have it. :)

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
I received mine. It's an IWSF and there are some facts worth sharing. First of all: my piece has the A2836-A2 movement with the same decoration found on the genuine movement. I have no idea why most TD are only selling the Miyota-powered version.
Then there is the strap. As I previously posted here, all my older watches that came on rubber straps ended up "strapless". The quality of this Aquatimer rubber strap is very, very good; my dealer says it is made of caoutchouc rubber and, whatever this material really is, it will last longer than the standard replica rubber material. I hope he is right, because there is no other option to install on this watch (as of yet). And this brings me
to another very important fact: the replica rubber strap fits the genuine watch precisely! My dealer sold this strap to a guy who owns a genuine (not the AT2000, but one of those models with 60min chrono counter at 12 o'clock) and it did fit the watch just like the genuine rubber strap.
Lastly, my personal overall impression: the watch is gorgeous and the replica is very well made. I've never seen the gen, so I will believe the hype and consider this watch a 1:1 copy. I do not like, however, the looks of the fisheye sapphire crystal. It distorts the edges of the dial upon reading the time. It also magnifies the intensity of light entering the dial, rendering it very bright and difficult to read at certain angles when exposed to bright light (natural and artificial alike). I just realized that maybe IWSF and ZZF use different crystals...

Last edited:
Reactions: ksaander and chrgod

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
problem I have seen with IWSF (from pictures) is the AR is colorless. Gen use a very bluish AR coating.

ZZF AR look spot on. (Trusty has a video up)

Gen also have very tick Crystal that does magnify on the Edges.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
So happy to see this one. I came close to buying a gen in 2012, and not doing so is quite a regret. I couldn’t see so far, but is the bezel topped with a sapphire like the gen, or how did they do it?

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Vric is correct when he says that ZZF uses a crystal with blueish AR, and I can confirm - based on observations made on my piece - that the AR on IWSF's replicas is colourless.

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
So happy to see this one. I came close to buying a gen in 2012, and not doing so is quite a regret. I couldn’t see so far, but is the bezel topped with a sapphire like the gen, or how did they do it?

The bezel is, as you put it, topped with a sapphire like the gen.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The bezel is, as you put it, topped with a sapphire like the gen.

Thank you. Good to know. I’ll put an order in with Sead at the end of August. I’m about to go on holiday, so its a shame about timings as this would have been a killer summer watch for this year!

Subscribed. Looking forward to seeing some
more if this one.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy