• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Pilot 377709 wording under the date

siuhhn

Looking Around
7/9/18
I have bought an rep IWC Pilot 377709 months ago and this question has been in my mind for a long time. For the word "SCHAFFHAUSEN", the first part "SCHAFF" is a bit not align with "HAUSEN". I've tried to find some gen watch online for comparison but sometimes they look the same yet sometimes not, I can't judge. Any IWC lovers can share your thoughts?

Reactions: vcappp

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Yea I found this with my one, probably a batch issue or something I didn't notice it at first, but then it bugged me for a bit but I've kind of forgotten about it now. If it's too much to bare with you can order a new dial for about $40

chrispyftw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/9/12
Yea I found this with my one, probably a batch issue or something I didn't notice it at first, but then it bugged me for a bit but I've kind of forgotten about it now. If it's too much to bare with you can order a new dial for about $40

Is this an issue on the ZF watches? Where do you get a dial for $40?

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Is this an issue on the ZF watches? Where do you get a dial for $40?

Not sure if it's a continuous issue, just check it over in QC photos if you order one. And you can ask the TDs to source you parts separately if they're available

siuhhn

Looking Around
7/9/18
My watch is also from ZF. The point is I also find some genuine 377709 having the same problem ( or it’s the design ?) but the word is just slightly less unaligned. Could people tell it’s a rep by looking at it?

NoTimeToPepper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
Wonky SCHAFFHAUSEN text is often caused by image packaging algorithms. Ask for closeup picture of the text and it should dissappear.

ambisome

Horology Curious
21/3/19
I've also ordered same and realized it but I checked from gens, most pictures have same issue, I think It's all about optical illusion.