• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Iwc portofino Gen replication out from AF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another replication but is it better than mk v4 a2892

Comment

I have not been on the Forum too long, but I have been around long before joining, so let's be somewhat fair. It's a good, if not a very good visual copy, based on the images, and as a production model. That is not saying anything about how it actually appears in hand next or next to a gen , as in the images. Obviously there are flaws, but actually, where it counts, I think it passes well as a replication. Of course, if you deal with genuine watches each day, and deal with IWC, from a few feet away, I am sure it passes with a quick glance. But in hand, to someone familiar, well, time for Dr. Frankenstein & $$$ to get to work.

I may buy this watch, since I love IWC's and have a few in my collection. If I do, I will take it into a shop that sells this exact model watch. I will weave this story that I received it as a Christmas gift from a client, and want to verify that its real. Tell them I just don't trust my client, bla, bla, bla.... So I can compare both, the gen to my rep, in complete amazement that I am the victim of a client playing with me to reduce their fee. I would hope they would "help" me to identify the flaws with the rep, No better person to evaluate it than a pissed retailer.

Maybe I am being too forgiving to the AF version. It may be because I can barely make my own signature match exactly if I sign it twice, and Ive been doing that for a hell of a long time.

Comment

Looks really nice! Looking forward to in-hand pics if someone decides to order

Comment

Originally posted by WC800729 View Post
          If I do, I will take it into a shop that sells this exact model watch. I will weave this story that I received it as a Christmas gift from a client, and want to verify that its real. Tell them I just don't trust my client, bla, bla, bla.... So I can compare both, the gen to my rep, in complete amazement that I am the victim of a client playing with me to reduce their fee. I would hope they would "help" me to identify the flaws with the rep, No better person to evaluate it than a pissed retailer.
          I'm very sure that's frowned upon in the rep community and would lead to servere repercussions here.

Comment

Originally posted by slashFAslash View Post
            Looks really nice! Looking forward to in-hand pics if someone decides to order
            Waiting RG

Comment

Originally posted by Elfriede View Post
              I'm very sure that's frowned upon in the rep community and would lead to servere repercussions here.
              Just a contemplation, not necessarily going to do it, no less make it a habit, just my imaginary exercise. I can understand fully why it would be negative to the hobby. I have fun collecting different watches, both genuine and reps and I would not want to bring additional attention either to the fact of my "hobby" / pastime, or others. Best keep it low key as I have for the past few years.

I had been looking for a local watchsmith in my area and was lucky enough to find a good one that woks on reps and he is a really nice person and quite knowledgeable. I think I will pass by his shop for the holidays and find out if he has a gen, or had one recently for sale. If so, and assuming I do purchase one, he could evaluate it for me, much more discrete and objective. If that all does fall into place I will post his observations.

Comment

ENOUGH WITH THIS BORING NO-CHRONO PORTOFINO. Why aren't they repping a chrono portofino? I heard ZF was working on one ages ago.
                It never came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendori View Post
                  ENOUGH WITH THIS BORING NO-CHRONO PORTOFINO. Why aren't they repping a chrono portofino? I heard ZF was working on one ages ago.
                  It never came out.
                  Yeah will be Nice. White with Gold hands or a good laureus ...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Comment

Old MK vs Gen RG
                    Iwish AF Get it Correct RG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Side by side video https://v.youku.com/pad_show/id_XMzk...U0NjkyNA%3D%3D

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST View Post
                        Another replication but is it better than mk v4 a2892
                        It’s best MK sure clone movement 99% Gen like
                        This maker use Gen croco for all Reps ...

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Just received the AF. Amazing rep, much much better than MK. Dial is amazing and the case work is perfect. It has the A2892 movement unlike the MK ones now with the Miyota. This could be a candidate to super rep. The only point is, doesn't matter what the TDs claim the strap is not real alligator. Although the pattern of the scales looks like real (unlike other straps which is evident is not real alligator) smells like rubber and the feel and touch is like rubber as well. (in the pic with a dark brown real alligator strap from Ziczac).

Comment

Originally posted by jamingui View Post
                            Just received the AF. Amazing rep, much much better than MK. Dial is amazing and the case work is perfect. It has the A2892 movement unlike the MK ones now with the Miyota. This could be a candidate to super rep. The only point is, doesn't matter what the TDs claim the strap is not real alligator. Although the pattern of the scales looks like real (unlike other straps which is evident is not real alligator) smells like rubber and the feel and touch is like rubber as well. (in the pic with a dark brown real alligator strap from Ziczac).

Great choice white Dial , waiting RG after CNY ..

Comment

Originally posted by Repworld View Post

Great choice white Dial , waiting RG after CNY ..

Do you know if after CNY will have the one with blue dial Boutique Edition?

Comment

Working...
                              X