• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first rep IW371446

larocco

Horology Curious
7/10/18
After some time of thinking, looking.. I decided to buy my first rep from TS Watch. At the moment that i made the order i was looking around and saw some good comments around the web and was un aware of them not being TD anymore. All in all not a bad experience although i waited 3 weeks for QC pics and at one moment i thought i got scamed as they didnt answer to my email. Once i got QC pics the watch arrived in a week via UK.

Now to the watch itself.

As this being my first rep i didnt know what to expect. Look wise it is a very good copy and im sure ppl will never know. At least ppl that don't own gen swiss watch but heard of IWC. As a person that owns two gen swiss watches to me it was instantly obvious it is a rep. Not look wise. Movement wise.

Movement is very loud (not really a problem Omega 9900 rotor is loud, maybe not this loud but very close to it) It is the rotor spinning. Non of the swiss gen watches i have and my friends have (Rolex, Zenith, Longines, TAG, Oris...) is the rotor spinning. What i mean by this is it spins but when u try to spin it it will make half of the circle and stop. This thing is spinning like crazy. I saw something similar on Bulova i own with Miyota movement, but still not spinning so fast like on this one. I don't know as this being my first rep are all Asian movements like this or i got scamed?
Is there i way to change this?
Is there a way to make it quieter?

Reactions: vcappp

ffuhcu

14/7/16
7750s wind in only one direction, the other direction they just spin.

I think there are guides for minimising the noise that causes with a bit of oil/grease.

larocco

Horology Curious
7/10/18
Are u talkig about ETA 7750 or A7750? This one spins both directions.

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Are u talkig about ETA 7750 or A7750? This one spins both directions.

Both gen Valjoux/ETA 7750s and clone A7750s wind in only one direction, when the rotor spins in the other direction it is just free-spinning, not actually winding the watch. It's this free-spinning which is the main source of noise. Search "7750 wobble" or similar. The issue can be more pronounced on reps of course.

This is different to something like a Rolex 3135 or ETA 2836 which winds in either direction, thus the rotor spin is damped in either direction rather than free-spinning.

Edit: You can see the difference in the two directions here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g39lsC-9clk

Reactions: vcappp