• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally, IWC Pilot fans rejoice! - a Tribute to IWC XI pilot about to land in few days with TDs.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
This time on Asian 2892 clone.

Not bad. I only hope the overly white lume on cardinal markers is a byproduct of Angus' incorrect white balance.
Otherwise, will most likely wait for the V2 when the factories realize the lume should be creamy 'vintage' color.

The strap features incorrect detaling, but who really cares. The watch looks fantastic otherwise.

iwc2018102701-01.jpg

iwc2018102701-17.jpg

iwc2018102701-14.jpg

iwc2018102701-02.jpg

The cardinal marker lume intensity isn't great though, just as with most other recently released IWC XVIII pilot reps.
iwc2018102701-03.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Anyone more familiar with the gen care to comment on how good this is?

A colleague of mine has it. The bezel on the IWC Mark series reps from MK factory is slightly incorrect (narrow facet on the bevel) but you really need to look for it and know what to look for.

The main issue will be if the factory failed to match the creamy/vintage lume color of the cardinal indices and hands. On the gen watch the color varies from almost white when exposed to daylight to almost brown/beige when indoors. The current photos on Angus' web site don't show this well, combination of lighting and white balance being a little off most likely.

On the gen the A/R is functional but non existent, e.g. not bue-ish in appearance. Standard Mark XVIII model comes with blue AR. This will also be something MK maker will need to pay attention too, hard to see from the dealer's photos at the moment.

The straps isn't close to the gen Nato. The gen is thicker, buckle is different as well as tip of the strap shouldn't be round but beveled.

Hope this helps.

justintimeee

12/8/17
A colleague of mine has it. The bezel on the IWC Mark series reps from MK factory is slightly incorrect (narrow facet on the bevel) but you really need to look for it and know what to look for.

The main issue will be if the factory failed to match the creamy/vintage lume color of the cardinal indices and hands. On the gen watch the color varies from almost white when exposed to daylight to almost brown/beige when indoors. The current photos on Angus' web site don't show this well, combination of lighting and white balance being a little off most likely.

On the gen the A/R is functional but non existent, e.g. not bue-ish in appearance. Standard Mark XVIII model comes with blue AR. This will also be something MK maker will need to pay attention too, hard to see from the dealer's photos at the moment.

The straps isn't close to the gen Nato. The gen is thicker, buckle is different as well as tip of the strap shouldn't be round but beveled.

Hope this helps.

So still waiting for that super rep pilot...
When will it ever come? It can't be that hard...

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
So still waiting for that super rep pilot...
When will it ever come? It can't be that hard...

Hmm, no I didn't say that ;) I just pointed out the bits that don't look quite right to me however dealer photos hardly show that well.
Give me a chance to receive mine, I'll report back if I end up ordering it.
In the meantime I wouldn't mind someone posting few QC photos of their orders.

hasenschaf

Horology Curious
1/11/18
I would show you mine, but have NO IDEA how to attach photos. Nothing works.

Last edited:

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
I would show you mine, but have NO IDEA how to attach photos. Nothing works.

Have you tried saving photos to your computer than attaching here by clicking on the 'paperclip' button in your response?

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Very nice my friend. The dial/hands, lume color, case, even the bezel all seem spot on, not sure why the wider crown though...
Anyway, enjoy, it's a nice watch. I may pull a plug on one soon, but would like to see better crown.
Cheers.

hasenschaf

Horology Curious
1/11/18
yep, i´m thinking about getting the gen strap, but the rep one is nice too, even if not really looking gen.

The_Estimator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/18
Hi chaps! I’m pretty new to the rep world and very new to IWC watches. Who is selling this rep? Can I go to my preferred TD (puretime)? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Hi chaps! I’m pretty new to the rep world and very new to IWC watches. Who is selling this rep? Can I go to my preferred TD (puretime)? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Actually puretime/Angus is one of the very few TDs with this model at the moment. Others can also source it, but indirectly.
If it's as good as the MKS factory Mark XVIII, it's as close to a super-rep as they come.