• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Releases | YLF BIG PILOT Annual Calendar

nick168fng

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/16

Thanks for sharing. I love the Blue/Rose Gold combo but the display back is hideous! The exupery is my next choice. I have never had a YLF before, how is the overall quality? The Annual Calendar works flawlessly? The display back looks quite nice other than the fact that there seems to be less jewels and a 'Swiss Tech' typo on it. Appreciate if you can please share your experience of this watch with us.

nick168fng

13/10/16
Some flaws here and there (day date month font, movement text) but otherwise they look nice. The 150 version should have a lacquered dial but it doesn't look like the rep has it. Personally, I'm waiting for the Spitfire Annual Calendar:

https://www.iwc.com/en/watch-collec...ig-pilots-watch-annual-calendar-spitfire.html

This would be a nice one.

Yeah, the 150 years version is a fine piece but if you were to put them side-by-side with the rest of the BP Annual Calendars, IMO, the difference is quite apparent. The Spitfire looks pretty cool too!

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Thanks for sharing. I love the Blue/Rose Gold combo but the display back is hideous! The exupery is my next choice. I have never had a YLF before, how is the overall quality? The Annual Calendar works flawlessly? The display back looks quite nice other than the fact that there seems to be less jewels and a 'Swiss Tech' typo on it. Appreciate if you can please share your experience of this watch with us.

Quality is very good as far as build goes . Finish is great, it feels good in the hand, etc . Calendar works fine, it's not actually an annual calendar , just a complete (eg; as far as it knows, every month is 31 days and you must adjust yourself to compensare)

The rotor on the exupery is lovely to look at, but the same spelling mistakes are on the movement. (Swiss tech, international watch gr.) Doesn't bother me, it's tiny print, so better than "TOP GUH" in huge letters on the caseback

Reactions: nick168fng

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I love mine! I was amazed by how solid it feels when setting the date/time etc - it feels like a really good movement, though I've only worn it a couple of times. It clicks over nicely at midnight (date a minute or so before the day) and it looks greatp too - a lovely sunburst on my blue dial. Here's mine last week:

o4BZMeX.jpg

nick168fng

13/10/16
'TOP GUH'.... LOL. I appreciate if you could please share some additional photos i.e. back display, wrist shots in natural sunlight, when possible. :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: tr573

nick168fng

13/10/16
I love mine! I was amazed by how solid it feels when setting the date/time etc - it feels like a really good movement, though I've only worn it a couple of times. It clicks over nicely at midnight (date a minute or so before the day) and it looks greatp too - a lovely sunburst on my blue dial. Here's mine last week:

o4BZMeX.jpg

Yeah, that dial is absolutely gorgeous! Have been pondering on getting the Blue/RG combo but I am really hoping YLF could further improve the back display.

nick168fng

13/10/16

Just to share, here's my IW500908.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F1hvRk6iPgTAbg8o8

Last edited:
Reactions: Lexus74

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
I'm so tempted to get the RG LPP because of the rotor. Unfortunate that the factory used the blue movement for this model. It should only be for the white gold version. Still......

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14

o4BZMeX.jpg

Can you take a shot of the caseback? Thanks!

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Finally got this. I have to say, despite some minor flaws, this is an awesome piece by YLF. Their date and day alignment have improved from their first Portuguese series. And I'm glad they removed the blue movement from the RG LPP version, which the gen doesn't have.
c4e16f0b7637c6d0c18b2949c893754d.jpg
9d9145c09bb6cfd69a87235b77092712.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

nick168fng

13/10/16
Congrats! I'm glad that YLF heard our plea. Where did you order that piece? Appreciate if you could please share more pics of the back. Thanks.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Yeah would love to see them too. I wonder if ZF will start making the LPP versions.

Garbancillo

Horology Curious
27/2/17
At last I found a thread about the LPP Annual Calendar! Thanks to all of you for sharing, I would really appreciate if you could upload more pics or share your experiences with this awesome watch.

Garbancillo

Horology Curious
27/2/17
Finally got this. I have to say, despite some minor flaws, this is an awesome piece by YLF. Their date and day alignment have improved from their first Portuguese series. And I'm glad they removed the blue movement from the RG LPP version, which the gen doesn't have

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hey! could you tell us how long does it last actually the power reserve?

Mindwatch

Certified
22/5/18
I guess as with all of these PR Peacock Movement about 70hours.

rob7544

15/3/15
I have the rose gold brown dial version and I am blown away by the quality of it. Mine has a different case back though . It has a gold airplane rotor. I actually saw the original while in Harrods in London and the dial color was off but I highly doubt I will ever see ine in the wild and enjoy this as much as any rep I have owned.
IWC0387B_12.jpg
an

Reactions: kennygconspiracy