• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC on IWC 5009-08 Big Pilot (Different Version?)

karmank123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
24/6/17
Hi guys,

TD has sent me QC pics of a Big Pilot. For the most part they look fine. However, I can' help but wonder if I am being shown the v1 despite stressing I wanted (the more expensive) v2. Unfortunately the only difference is the quality of lume. If you look at my QC pic, it very much looks like the V1 on PT website, including the weaker 7. Any thoughts? Just want to make sure I'm actually getting what I am paying extra for!

V1
https://puretime03.com/big-pilot-re...st-edition-on-brown-leather-strap-a51111.html

V2
https://puretime03.com/big-pilot-re...edition-on-brown-leather-strap-a51111-v2.html

View attachment 79798

Awesomeo

13/9/13
Could just be uneven charge. Got any other photos? Crowns different between versions too.

karmank123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
24/6/17
Could just be uneven charge. Got any other photos? Crowns different between versions too.

Hmmm now that you mention it the caseback and crown (potentially dial shade too but very difficult to distinguish) give me some comfort that it's a v2 even if the lume does not.

On a somewhat related note Awesomo it seems like I'm buying two watches you've recently added to your collection; a Pelagos and a Big Pilot!

View attachment 80005 View attachment 80006 View attachment 80009

Awesomeo

13/9/13
Yeah it’s a V2. The seconds hand is very slightly longer on the V2 going all the way to the edge of the minute marker circle. Crown is definitely the new style too:

V1 - Yours - V2

View attachment 80064 View attachment 80065 View attachment 80066

Maybe ask for another lume shot to see if the lumes evenly applied. I think it will just be a case of uneven charging but doesn’t harm to ask as the lume is one of the biggest USPs of this model!

Sold off my big pilot! But this version is next on my list. You obviously have excellent taste :p