• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MY NEW IWC Pilot Chronograph Edition 377714 "Le Petit Prince" Blue Dial Leather ZF A7750

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Beautiful! I have one coming in from Lucy; I asked about the bracelet and she advised me that it was a ripoff since ZF wants $90 for it...

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Beautiful! I have one coming in from Lucy; I asked about the bracelet and she advised me that it was a ripoff since ZF wants $90 for it...

How is that a ripoff? The gen bracelet would probably be like $500+ dollars

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
How is that a ripoff? The gen bracelet would probably be like $500+ dollars

Because it would have been much cheaper if I'd ordered the watch with the bracelet to begin with.

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Because it would have been much cheaper if I'd ordered the watch with the bracelet to begin with.

That's true, but that doesn't make $90 for the separate bracelet a ripoff because you didn't order it with the watch.

Btw, it's a beautiful watch and I'm thinking of buying one myself! [emoji106]

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I wish I didnt have a small wrist...I love the chrono. I have a Mk XVIII on the way (maybe Ill threadjack...just a lil)

asiparks

30/5/08
as you thread jacked first... (ha), as they've updated the 3777 bracelet to the latest version, maybe they'll do the version for the MXVIII as well...
List for the gen bracelet is just shy of $2k BTW so $90 for one that replicates the quick sizing feature and adjustable clasp isn't unreasonable...

And OP, it looks really nice on the leather too !

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16

Did yours come in yet? And what do you think of it? I won't see mine for 2-3 more weeks

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I'm very curious to see if there is a difference on the blue of the dial, between V1 and V2.
At the moment I can't see it.
Please check also if the hour marker at 3, 6, and 12 are thick or not. Ty guys!

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
I'm very curious to see if there is a difference on the blue of the dial, between V1 and V2.
At the moment I can't see it.
Please check also if the hour marker at 3, 6, and 12 are thick or not. Ty guys!

I will post pics of my V2 when it arrives, but because of the CNY doesn't look like anyone will be getting their watches for a few more weeks.

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Picked up mine last night:

ZlUHQRi.jpg

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
The strap is short and plasticky. I wear it on the second-to-last hole with a 7.5" wrist and it's still snug... but on the last hole, can't get the tail in the keeper.

Already have an order with vic for a replacement. ;)

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
@WatchestoPlay

To add onto that, the strap is as squeaky as all get out. I've had rep straps before where I put them on and thought "yep, that's a rep strap," but this is the first one I've had where I've thought "wow, this is a piece of CRAP" and gotten increasingly more annoyed with it over the course of the day...

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Bummer, that sucks. I bought mine on the bracelet but I also ordered the strap in case I wanted to swap. Sounds like I won't be swapping to that strap lol, at least I'll have the iwc buckle

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Bummer, that sucks. I bought mine on the bracelet but I also ordered the strap in case I wanted to swap. Sounds like I won't be swapping to that strap lol, at least I'll have the iwc buckle

Yeah, with the buckle you can get a nice strap or even go OEM.

I actually came home and took off the watch, swapped it for another one because the strap is so noisy and rubs my wrist irritatingly. Looking closer, they had the gall to inscribe "santoni" on the strap. I showed it to my girlfriend, who knows nothing about watch straps or leather, and she immediately said it looked like a piece of crap!