• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Photo Review: IWC Pilot's Watch Mark XVIII w/ 2xAR, Jacob Strap, Relumed hands

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Here is the IWC Mark XVIII from the MK factory, I received it a couple of weeks ago and it was a great rep straight out of the box. But it needed some work done to bring it up a notch.

I sent it to Steve to apply his double AR coat to the crystal and while he was doing that the watch was sent off to get the hands relumed. When I first received it, the rep lume on the hands were just a tad yellowish and I like it crisp white so that is what I requested.

While this was going on Jacobstraps made me two new straps, one black and one dark brown. He perfectly imitated the Santoni ones that come with the gen (I had no intention of paying the Santoni premium for the OEM calf leather straps). They both look really great with this dial, the black dresses it up and the dark brown makes it more sporty. For this watch I did not order the orange interior lining since I do not like how it looks on this particular dial. On the 3777-09 there is a small red hand in the subdial and the orange lining on the strap somehow brings it out, so for that watch I requested the orange lining.

I also purchased a ZF deployant clasp that is made for the 5007 since I really didn't want to use the tang buckle that it comes with on the brand new Jacob strap.

Now that it has all come together the watch is an absolute stunner! It is simply a beauty in it's simplicity (if that makes any sense). No other way to describe it.

It is super comfortable on the wrist, I hardly notice it's there, and the time is a pleasure to read (just like a Pilot's watch should be).

All in all, this is a definite keeper for me!

I also have the larger Pilot model, the 3777-09 from ZF factory which I have been wearing steady for the last couple of weeks. It also has the same mods, 2xAR, Jacob Strap and Relumed hands. Together this is an amazing pair of Pilot's watches.

It's funny how since I got into the IWC brand, between these and the 5007's - it is literally taking up 95% of my wrist time. And I have highly modded expensive AP's and PP's just sitting around. Oh well.

On to the pics!

IWC Mark XVIII on black strap:

IWC Mark XVIII on dark brown strap:

IWC Pilot 3777-09 on black strap with orange lining:

Together:

Almost forgot the lume shot!

Reactions: museguy and Dmage

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Absolutely stunning mate. Seriously considering grabbing both of these. Just waiting to see if they come out with a decent 3777 Spitfire.

Great pictures!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I agree with you. i saw my friend's gen and i fell in love with the simplicity and cleanliness. And i also agree on the fact that when I'll get this (and I will get it) I will wear it a lot at the expenses of APs, PAMs, Patek..

theotse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/16
I would like to get the AR done on my MKF Mark XVI too! Can you kindly send me the link/contact to Steve? Thanks

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
The Mark XVIII fits your wrist perfectly, wear it well!

ariffza

Known Member
20/11/11
Your picture of the MK18 looks stunning! I would even go as far as saying that it looked even more stunning than pictures of gen. I'm now inspired to get the same watch and have it modded like yours minus the deployant buckles. Nice job dude!!

theotse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/16
What do you guys think of the date window on these reps? I read in a post comparing gen and MKF Mark XVIII and the date window seems a little too far to the left on the reps. What do you guys think?

royalhunter

Known Member
19/2/16
the clarity of that crystal paired with the clean black dial is truly hypnotizing. beautiful watches you got there!

alexandros2

17/2/16
i really love this watch. so the biggest flaws are the lumed?
what does it mean AR?

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Mate absolutely gorgeous, and iwc is on my list straight after a breitling, awesome photos