• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Aquatimer Chrono ref. 376804 SS Case and Bracelet (Small review)

haudi8596

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
North Carolina
I'm going to attempt a small review of this IWC ref. 376804 I just received from a member here. This is NOT a comparison to the gen or other reps. The watch was sourced from Perfect Clones and I have no clue which factory made this one. I will say it is very, very heavy. I don't have a scale to weigh it. For comparison, it is definitely heavier than my Breitling SOSF. The case diameter is 45.5. Construction is very good and solid. The edges of the lugs could use some smoothing. Case thickness comes in at 17mm. Both pushers have nice positive clicks. The crown looks great and screws down via the internally threaded tube. It is supposedly waterproof, but I haven't tested that yet. The dial looks very clean with everything lining up very nicely. Very nice double AR on a sapphire crystal.
My one complaint about the dial is the lume. It's a little weaker than other IWC reps that I have seen. Supposedly the gen isn't that great either from what I've read in articles. The ratcheting style inner bezel has a nice solid feel, and lines up nice when rotating it. Nothing exciting about the drain at 9 o'clock position. This one is housing an A7750 that is working very well so far. Chronograph is functioning great and resets near perfectly. Time keeping so far has been very good, although I haven't had it long enough to get a good measurement yet. Day-Date functions as it should so far.

IMG_0516_zpsw1adax0i.jpg

IMG_0517_zpse12gycjv.jpg

The Bracelet:

Bracelet is heavy just like the case. It too has some sharp edges that need some refinement. I do not like how the links are held together. The pins are a pain in the arse to remove and insert!!! The clasp needed some minor attention at first. It was a little sticky. The engraving looks very good. No micro adjustment, but has some half links that help with sizing. The end links actually fit very tight, even with the quick release built into them.

IMG_0519_zps4cvdft1j.jpg

IMG_0520_zpseyunkwp1.jpg

Bottom line:

I am happy with this rep thus far. Once you get use to the weight, it isn't horrible to wear. You definitely know it's there. So, for those of you who like a watch with some heft, you might would like this one. If you prefer a lighter more dainty watch......I don't recommend this model. However it may be lighter with the rubber strap vs. the bracelet.

Thanks for reading!

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Thanks, very beneficial and objective feedback.

xtremeag

9/9/16
have you been running the chronograph function for quite some time or just tested it once?

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
I was hoping this was a sales tread lol. Good review and great watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haudi8596

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
North Carolina
have you been running the chronograph function for quite some time or just tested it once?
I let it run for over 4 hrs yesterday and it worked flawlessly. Reset back to center like it was when I started the chronograph.
a010a479d7632a5c7ba368cb0da34a93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk